installed the new update today-PROBLEMS-

roach

Reaction score
I installed the new update today and my phone shut down when I tried to start it up.I need to do a master reset.I did this once before and forgot how.I no I started out holding the power and the up & down volume buttons at the same time,then there was a screen with an exclamation on it,after that is where I have problems remembering.
If anyone knows how I would appreciate some help please.

p.s....I removed the battery and reinstalled it.

Last edited:

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hold the home button and the power button with the phone off to get into stock recovery. When the exclamation point comes up, hit the search button.

sent from my ZombieStomped X

OP
roach

roach

Reaction score
Hold the home button and the power button with the phone off to get into stock recovery. When the exclamation point comes up, hit the search button.

sent from my ZombieStomped X

:) Good job thanks,that did it for me.

Knightley

Reaction score
Help

I did the update and am having the same problem! I'm at a hotel for a work conference and am freaking out. When I get the ! on the screen and hit search nothing happens. PLEASE HELP!

kdkinc

Reaction score
I did the update and am having the same problem! I'm at a hotel for a work conference and am freaking out. When I get the ! on the screen and hit search nothing happens. PLEASE HELP!

No need to touch screen just hit the 4th button on the right.
A battery pull first wouldn't hurt either.
Some recommend that while holding the power key and the home key insert battery and let it boot up.
hope it helps ..

CRAP just remembered !!!!!
AT THE ! mark press BOTH VOLUME buttons

OP
roach

roach

Reaction score

No need to touch screen just hit the 4th button on the right.
A battery pull first wouldn't hurt either.
Some recommend that while holding the power key and the home key insert battery and let it boot up.
hope it helps ..

CRAP just remembered !!!!!
AT THE ! mark press BOTH VOLUME buttons

did you fix it ?

Knightley

Reaction score
After 8 battery pulls, and toggling the volume buttons while at the ! screen, it came back on an hour later. Sadly then it wouldn't hold a charge, phone died during the night and took a full day before it would take a charge. Still having issues.

Never the less thanks for the help.