Installed smoked glass and wifi. now gmail won't work

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Killmanaj, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Killmanaj

Killmanaj New Member

I don't know if this has any thing to do with the rom or wifi but about a week ago I installed smoked glass v 2.5 and the latest wifi patch. It worked great (both are totally awesome) but yesterday my phone froze and then rebooted itself and every time it would say preparing sd card it would reboot again. I did a nandroid restore to the same rom and wifi and it acts fine but I can't send any emails. It just keeps saying Sending but never sends.
  2. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Kill,

Until someone comes along with a better answer, is it possible something is goofy with the sd card. More than one here has had to wipe/reformat the sd card. If the card has something amiss with it, perhaps some corruption on a portion, you ended up with some corruption onto your system. I would think a nandroid install would crash before allowing corruption, but who knows.

If you have a known clean good nandroid version of your rom on your pc (if your like me you have 20 or 30:)), you could reformat the card and try reinstalling after formatting the card. Or to really confirm things, if you have spare card lying about, create the nandroid subdirctory on the other card, copy the clean image and reinstall.

Your comment about the phone rebooting at the point it was reading the sd card seems like it could be a clue.

Craig
  3. Killmanaj

Killmanaj New Member

Thanks for the reply. I will try that.
  4. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Just make sure you have a couple of known good spare nandroids on your computer, and it would not hurt to have adb working, just in case. Again, it is a long shot, but there is no reason a functioning rom should suddenly cause rebooting, if you have not been fiddling with things.

Craig
  5. kevdog

kevdog New Member

This is normal. You need to clear the data cache associated with gmail.

Settings->Applications->(Filter button at bottom -- choose all apps)-> Scroll down list and find the two gmail options (I think its like gmail and gmail.data or cache)-> Open each up and clear data. The phone will then redownload all your emails. Give it a minute and you will be able to send.