Installed Smoked Glass 6.0.1...and I love it, except...

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by FDFTW!!, May 28, 2010.

1. FDFTW!!

FDFTW!! Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ... I lost nearly all of my stock apps!

Before I did ANYTHING, I backed up ALL of my apps with Titanium Backup. Then, I loaded up SPRecovery, and rooted. Then I loaded up AdamZ Smoked Glass 6.0.1, and set up everything again, re-activated the phone, etc...

Re-installed Titanium Backup, tried to restore my stock apps, and there's no option to "Restore." Tried to update to the new Busybox executable as recommended, nothing. Rebooted the phone 2x, nothing.

The apps that are missing are:

Car Home
    Email
    News and Weather
    You Tube
    Corporate Calendar
    Quickoffice
    Visual VM

So is there any way to get these back? I could care less about the Corporate Calendar, but the other stuff would be nice. I thought the purpose of Titanium Backup was to backup and restore ALL of your apps?

2. Sal R.

Sal R. Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Are you sure you didn't select to remove those apps when going thru the options when installing the SGv601 ROM?

3. FDFTW!!

FDFTW!! Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm pretty sure. I was thinking about re-installing the ROM anyway since I dont like the Droid font as much as I thought I would. But then I would have to restore all of my apps again, as the free version of Titanium Backup doesnt allow batch restore, as far as I can see, right?

4. Sal R.

Sal R. Member

Ratings:
    +15
    You shouldn't have to wipe data/cache if you're just re-installing the rom. This should keep your restored apps under data/apps intact.

Make sure you read the script prompts carefully.

5. nightwo|f

nightwo|f Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think TB only backs up installed apps, not one built into the system ROM. Those apps you listed are ones are ones that are within the ROM and were removed to save space most likely. If you have a nandroid backup you could extract them from there and reinstall or they're probably posted online somewhere too.

er then again looking at my TB it does backup ROM apps. so I don't know why you wouldn't be able to restore them. Unless you performed another backup once the ROM was installed and only have TB set to keep 1 backup or you only selected to backup user apps.

#5 nightwo|f, May 28, 2010
    Last edited: May 28, 2010
  6. brando56894

brando56894 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Are you sure you selected the right backup option in TB? IIRC theres two or three options, one which just backs up user apps and then theres on that backs up user and system apps.

7. FDFTW!!

FDFTW!! Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Fixed it. I'm a dummy and deleted them while installing the ROM. Everything's working just fine now, except I left off that stupid corporate calendar, LOL.

Sent from my Droid