1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Installed SholesMod 2.0.5....

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by xzdarkstarzx, Feb 15, 2010.

1. xzdarkstarzx

xzdarkstarzx New Member

No noticeable difference, extremely buggy. FC'd on everything, droid even crashed twice.

Rolled back to 2.0.3

And i thought 2.0.3 was buggy lol, considering switching to BB...
  2. joeymoose

joeymoose New Member

BB is the best ROM I have used....
  3. JhankG

JhankG New Member

Must be something on your end because 2.0.5 is smooth as can be, no FCs, and very stable at 1.2 ghz. In the other 2.0.5 thread, others are reporting similar results to mine.
  4. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Did you wipe your data when you flashed the ROM? If you didn't wipe the data that may be why its so buggy
  5. R1Lover

R1Lover New Member

User error
  6. Nedaroth

Nedaroth New Member

No bugs here and infact perfect for me. Do as nate says wipe clean.
  7. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Sometimes as much as you try to avoid it, a wipe is completely necessary to have a smooth running ROM
  8. JhankG

JhankG New Member

I try to do a wipe every time I switch between ROMS. That way, if you start having issues, you'll be able to narrow down what is causing it a little easier.
  9. SteveC

SteveC New Member

I had to do the install twice. On the first try, it got to 62% downloaded and froze. I had to pull the battery and start over. That time worked like a charm. Mine is WAY better on 2.0.5 than any 2.0.3 version. CPU benchmarks are about 15% faster than with 2.0.3 @ 1GhZ (2.0.5 @1GhZ too). 2.0.5 seems faster @800 than 2.0.3 did @1000. 1.2 GhZ seems much faster than the previous high of 1 GhZ. That may be because the 2.1 launcher seems absent from 2.0.5. I did use it with 2.0.3. Since 2.0.3 didn't give me any problems like others reported with the 2.1 launcher, I figured I just lucked out. It was a bit of a pain in the neck having to reconstitute all of the home screens, but I'm sort of glad I did, because every time I do it I manage to get the total arrangement a little more to my liking. The phone is noticeably faster than 2.0.3 with the 2.1 launcher at the same CPU speed. So don't mourn much for that loss. It is really a gain.

To the OP, I'd reflash the ROM if it were me. I think my first problem was a drop away from 3G into 1x at just the right/wrong time. I was bummed with 2.0.3 the first time I tried it, but a reflash cured it. I did not wipe data FWIW.

My Droid is completely happy with 2.0.5 and seems quite stable @ 1.2GhZ.
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  10. xzdarkstarzx

xzdarkstarzx New Member

thanks for the feed back! i'll try that before BB
  11. R1Lover

R1Lover New Member

I agree, anyone downloading this needs to try and do it via wifi as it's a large file and a 3G connection may have some trouble or file corruption if the signal is lost or weak during the download.
  12. Yodes

Yodes New Member

Just curious because I've never wiped my data and have nothad any issues. What exactly does wiping wipe and in what ways can it improve the rom?
  13. rednukleus

rednukleus New Member

I have experienced no issues with any Sholes Mod version since SMUpdater came out. 2.1 Launcher was terrible but without that installed, my Droid never resets or freezes. I wonder what could be making your Droid buggy.
  14. HMJB

HMJB New Member

Hell yeah,

Stable and running at 1.2k Mhz (overclocked)
  15. steveomatic

steveomatic New Member

I did not wipe my data and this thing is running SWEET! No issues to report. :icon_ banana:
  16. Eris552

Eris552 New Member

Pulling down now cant wait. Sholes rulz :icon_ banana:

I love the fact Sholes updater does all the work for me dont have to do anything best $5.00 dollars i ever spent
  17. Eris552

Eris552 New Member

Man this rom is Badd A$$$
  18. JESSEVARGAS

JESSEVARGAS New Member

Running @ 1.1 and no problems. I didn't wipe my data, either.
    This really is a bad a--, no nonsence, noob proof rom.

Edit: Uppped it to 1.2 and no probs so far...friggin nice. I almost feel like i'm not using it to it's full potential.
  19. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Man, you guys don't know how bad I want to download this thing. But I'm sure 2.1 is showing up any day now.:redface: I mean they said soon, right.:icon_eek:
  20. Matth3w

Matth3w New Member

Fort Huachuca, AZ (Originally from Pittsburgh, PA)
    Can't say for sure it is user error because sometimes certain things just don't like the combination of apps or whatever that you have installed.

Take this for example...

Yesterday I completely wiped after backing up and installed my stuff (I'm using BB but for the purposes of my point that is irrelevant)...and I was getting a force close on my More Icons widget constantly. And then the WiFi toggle wouldn't work on my Widget after that, I had to reboot.

I tried everything that I could to fix it, and ultimately the issue was a conflict between the SportsTap widget that I had recently downloaded and the More Icons widget. Yet someone else on the forums tried to replicate the problem and had no issues. So obviously there was at least a third thing in there that was causing the problem, OR it could be a combination of settings or hell even what team I picked as my favorite team for the widget.

My point here is this...I did nothing to create this error and force close. I just installed two programs, both of which have 4.5 or 5 star reviews on the Market and it basically crashed my desktop no matter what I did (I worked on this issue and did three complete data wipes trying to isolate it for over 4 hours before I realized what was causing the problem).

There are thousands if not hundreds of thousands of lines of code in just about every ROM out there. Who is to say that one of the OP's programs and settings (or multiple) simply isn't conflicting with Sholesmod? I wiped and I know how to root with no issue, and when I used SM Updater it was a slew of battery pulls, force closes, and not agreeing with many programs I had running. Yet I never have had a single issue (outside of that one yesterday which had nothing to do with the ROM) while running BB.

But just because you have no issues with Sholesmod (or BB for that matter) doesn't mean people don't. The vehement support that follows Sholesmod tends to remind me of Apple folks.

Nobody even asked the guy what was force closing. They just told him it was user error.