Reaction score
The order I do it is
Wipe data 3x's
Wipe cache 3x's
Format system 3x's
Wipe davlik 3x's
Then flash rom
Then reboot

crack-flasher thanks to Th3ory. Running D3blurr3d this hour.

OP
M

maq099

Reaction score
i think there is just something wrong with the network.

ultrastigi

Reaction score
i think there is just something wrong with the network.

You can call Verizon and say that your network isn't working. Its going in and out and they will tell you if they are having network problems.

crack-flasher thanks to Th3ory. Running D3blurr3d this hour.

keikdasneek

Reaction score
I'm having similar issues...

I've been running this rom for 3-4 days with zero issues. But I went out to dinner, and pulled out my phone and I had no internet connection. Since then, I've wiped everything several times, and even re installed the ROM but no success..

Btw, my wives phone has 3g working on her thunderbolt...

edit: just went through and wiped everything 3x each then re installed the ROM and it appears to be working fine now..

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I read their are currently national 3g outages.. im without 3g now as well

BlueSami

Reaction score
Seriously here guys, I don't think its the rom giving you problems.
My Bionic loses 3g/4g at least once a day. It was doing this before I even rooted it, My droid 1 would lose 3g ever now and then.

Also my 2 co workers who arn't rooted have the same issue of no 3g/4g.
ITS really quite annoying. But don't blame the ROM

Psychlone

Reaction score
With all due respect, I have to disagree - at least for my own experience.
I have been with every version of Th3ory since it's inception, and have experienced only a few problems, but dropped data is the one that's persistent for me across every version.

The reason I know it HAS to be the ROM and not some random tower or service issue, is because each and every time I've reverted back to stock, I don't have data issues at all. Off and on, I've spent a little over half of my Bionic's life with Th3ory and the other half @ stock, and only the stock half has had absolutely NO issues.
I've even run Powerboost on BOTH sides (with ROM and with stock), and only have data issues with the ROM.

I'm not sure how else to troubleshoot it. I've got 27 years experience in IT, and troubleshooting 101 dictates removing everything from the equation and then reintroduce 1 thing at a time until you find what's causing the problem... well, since there's no way to add anything less than a full ROM, the only thing I can do is full wipe, restore to stock (via CWR backup) and test, then full wipe and install the ROM from scratch and test - and between the two, it's ALWAYS the non-stock ROM that's borked for me.

BlueSami

Reaction score
I believe you. I will say the 3g has gotten worse since installing. But I am not going to blame it on the rom just yet.

I think either way this is a serious issue that's starts with Motorola, and maybe the rom is just compounding the problem. Would be nice to have it fixed. And I have a lot of faith in developers, not so much in Motorola!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Psychlone

Reaction score
I'm with you - partially.
I believe in Motorola - simply because Google purchased Motorola's Mobile division and they'll put ALL their backing into it... Moto is going to end up being the "official" Google phone, and all others will just follow suit. But this phone was in the works for quite a long time before the purchase, so it's likely to have some issues here and there...

But for now, I also trust in our devs. Without them, I never would have rooted and upgraded my D1 only a few short weeks after it's launch, and run most every ROM known to man. In fact, because of the *awesome* devs, I really hated the idea of upgrading to the Bionic! I missed my "new-every-two" by over a year just waiting for the right phone to hit the market, followed the Bionic since it was nothing more than whitepapers and physically sat on the curb on launch day waiting for Verizon to open - all just to be the first kid (lol - I'm 40) in my area code with the Bionic... ALL with the knowledge that someone out there was going to be on top of it with ROMs, themes, and all the goodness that I had grown accustomed to with the old D1 since it's inception.

Anyway, I'll hang out on the stock ROM for now... we all know it's fast as we need, and for what it's worth, there's just not as much of a leap from stock to any current ROM as there used to be from stock to custom ROM on the old D1 (imagine going from stock straight to SS5.6... then imagine hitting EVERY update in between on EVERY ROM out there - that was MY experience.)
I can wait - I'm not one of those guys that has to have something right now... I have patience, and when these ROMs mature a little and the Bionic has been gone through multiple times by intelligent devs and the bugs worked out, I'll gladly jump right back in!

But don't get me wrong either - between this very second and this time tomorrow night, I'll have tested Liberty48 and Th3ory 1.8!! (and such is the life of a ROM addict.) ;)

jickracer007

Reaction score
I had the HTC adr3600 and waited until I felt I had enough positive feed back before I did anything.
I am going to give the developers more time and when I know the time is right I am going to make my move, but until then I dont see the benefit.
I know that good things will be coming for the bionic and I will make my mive when it does
DROID BIONIC using DroidForums