Installed new leaked 2.3... and unrooted. Problem.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by jlb13085, Apr 5, 2011.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. jlb13085

jlb13085 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    First I would like to say hello to everyone as I am a new poster, not a new reader. Secondly, I admit in advance that I'm an idiot. So...

I installed the new leaked 2.3 gingerbread on my X with no problems and loved it. My wife liked it and wanted me to put it on her Droid 2. So I proceeded to root her phone and install the d2 zip with bootstrap like I did on my phone with no problems.

Now she insisted that I unroot the phone when I was done, so I did, thinking I was finished. Then I found out swype was inoperable due to whatever reasons. Swype is a must for her. Now replacing the production swype with the beta swype is easy... on a rooted device. I unrooted a brand new OS and now have no way to root it back to fix this issue UNLESS...

...there is a way to get into clockwork recovery without being rooted. I did have the presence of mind to do a back up while I was in there initially. That is the only thing I can think of. If anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it. Otherwise this phone is in limbo and I'm in the dog house :)

Jamie

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums