Installed headers on my car this weekend! What's that gotta do with my phone you say?

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
well this is what! I bought the Incipio Silycrilic thinking I would NEVER need that much protection. I spent this past weekend installing long-tube headers on my 01 firebird formula. In case you aren't familiar with these cars clearances are stupid tight. Most of the spaces my phone was the only real light I could get where I needed it (kudos to TESLA LED!!!). Let me tell you this.. I had my car jacked up 2 ft off the ground, and my phone fell several times from the top of the fenderwell bouncing around on sharp metal objects in the engine bay and finally falling.. yup screen first onto the concrete below. The screen cover that comes with the silycrylic has a few scuffs but nothing major and nothing that made it through to the real screen below. Let me also add the case was covered in as much grease as my hands since I was handling it the entire time. Took the case off the phone washed it with dawn and water, and it's as good as new. :)... Five stars from me and highly recommended. It will most certainly be what I buy from now on for any phone I own :)

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
well this is what! I bought the Incipio Silycrilic thinking I would NEVER need that much protection. I spent this past weekend installing long-tube headers on my 01 firebird formula. In case you aren't familiar with these cars clearances are stupid tight. Most of the spaces my phone was the only real light I could get where I needed it (kudos to TESLA LED!!!). Let me tell you this.. I had my car jacked up 2 ft off the ground, and my phone fell several times from the top of the fenderwell bouncing around on sharp metal objects in the engine bay and finally falling.. yup screen first onto the concrete below. The screen cover that comes with the silycrylic has a few scuffs but nothing major and nothing that made it through to the real screen below. Let me also add the case was covered in as much grease as my hands since I was handling it the entire time. Took the case off the phone washed it with dawn and water, and it's as good as new. :)... Five stars from me and highly recommended. It will most certainly be what I buy from now on for any phone I own :)

Good deal...now never ever ever do that again :biggrin:

cp24eva

Reaction score
At least you know your phone can take it. lol. Prices are going down, so you can always buy another one lol.

OP
R

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
in retrospect I probably should've dug out my D1 and fired it up as a flashlight.. that thing was built like a magnum 45 LOL. But like you said CP it is nice to know it can take the abuse!

sweat90lx

Reaction score
headers were easy on my foxbody, not longtubes tho
I have more flashlights/droplights than any 3 people would ever need
headerson.jpg

OP
R

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
lucky sweat! Mine were a PITA LOL... I went with longtubes and that was some of it, but they actually went in easier than the manifolds came out believe it or not!

Also after I cleaned mine up the screen protector has a few nicks in it, anybody have an incipio screen protector that they didn't use? LOL

Fastbird

Reaction score
To the op.....good taste in a car! I have a stroked single turbo 93 T/A sitting out front. Aren't headers on F-Bodys fun to install? /sarcasm. I've done enough that its a snap now, but my first time was a chore.

Posted from my Rezound