Installed froyo and battery drain

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by droid6user, Oct 1, 2010.

1. droid6user

droid6user New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone installed froyo recently and notice the huge increase in battery usage? Is like my phone is always warm from doing something and the battery is flying down.. :icon_eek:

Droid X

2. me_droid

me_droid Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Yes and I even got the extended battery and that one is drained inside of 12 hours while the phone is doing pretty much nothing. Used to get at least 3-4 hours more before froyo with stock battery. Even rooted so I could clear battery cache and that has had no effect. What gives?

3. dr0idg0d23

dr0idg0d23 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    There are many bugs within the ota released to the droid x. With Verizon and Motorola there is really no predicting how long it will be before there is an ota to fix these problems but I can say for sure that this is a known issue and it is being addressed. If it is something that you feel you can't wait for then you can root your phone and install a custom 2.2 rom with more features and fewer bugs.

4. oznut

oznut New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Battery Drain post FroYo upgrade

Glad I am not the only one with this problem but it really stinks! My battery lasts 5 hours max & runs hot when phone is in use.....:r_c: