Installed BB:Now my games force close

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Varking, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Varking

Varking New Member

I have a few games on my phone that I like to play on a daily basis, one of which is Parallel Kingdom which is an MMO. I never had any lag issues, force closes, or anything like that plague me before but now it seems that whenever I start it up since installing the Bugless Beast ROM, it force closes whenever I try to log in. Any ideas on what could be causing this and any ideas on how to fix it?
  2. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Varking,

It could be the sdk version number of the rom, v. the market games. Pete has gone back on forth between 6 and 7 (sdk version) in his roms. 6 is the older build, and 7 is the newer and where the market apps will/should all go. there is a good chance this is the problem.

If you are comfortable opening phone system files to view/browse, there is a build.prop file in /system on the phone. This is the main file that loads at boot, to tell the phone how to load a bunch of stuff.

If you have a program to explore your phone, a press on this file should bring up a editor program to view it. Several lines down there will be a line that says: sdk version:6 (or 7).

Now, I have played around with other lines in this file, but never this one. If the sdk switch is all there is, i.e. no other files on the phone that are 7, then it is possible that changing this number can fix things. BUT I HAVE NOT TRIED THIS, so you are either on your own, or need confirmation from Pete or from someone who has. If you play with this file and botch other things up, you WILL need your nandroid, as this file is critical to the phone.

A better fix is to leave it at 7, if this is where you are, and hammer the maker of the game to update. A bit like running windows 98 now because you have one program that needs it:)

Craig
  3. Varking

Varking New Member

My current work around is to use my nandroid backup and load it when I want to play the game, and load the BB ROM when I want to wireless tether to let my girlfriend use the wifi for her ipod touch.
  4. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Dang, man that is a brutal work around:) For what it's worth, if the problem is just editing the sdk setting in build.prop, a slightly faster work around would be to use a script file to reload a funtioning build.prop file.

I do this as I edit the build.prop file to allow for a couple of different video recording modes of high resolution. If you want to explore this, drop me a note. And let your gal know what you are having to go through for her:)

Craig
  5. Varking

Varking New Member

I found a new fix. When reading one of the BB7.4 threads they noted that you should download the "map fix" update.zip which is one click above the current update.zip they have listed on alldroid. They also said try to use BB by using the nandroid backup file after a clean install.

I tried to just run the new map update.zip they have listed, but no go. So I went the full way by doing a factory reset and using the BB nandroid backup to boot. Opened it up and started redownloading all my old downloads and then I downloaded the game. Took a deep breath, opened it up... force close!

I decided to then go to my recovery reboot since I just did the clean nandroid backup install, and now apply to map update.zip and it was painless. Once back on the phone I tried to load up Parallel Kingdom, the main game that kept force closing, and bam!.. No force close. Been playing for a good hour without a hiccup and since I can keep BB on my phone full time now it runs much faster in game at 950 then 500 or 550. I also got the wireless tethering to work on the droid to the ipod touch so now I have everything I could want on my phone, all working, and without hiccup. Awesome! Thank you for trying to help, something in your first post made me go back and reread a thread on alldroid which is how I came to the idea of using the nandroid backup.
  6. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Cool. Your thread is one more of many that lead a lot of us to recommend a nandroid complete install when doing a new rom. Some folks have no issues, but tons more have these little problems like yours where you get just a little wierdness perhaps with an app or two. The rom developers want to keep people happy by providing a update.zip, but honestly all they are doing is shooting themselves in the foot, imho.

So, man, bet you are happy not staring at the sprecovery screen anymore:)

Craig
  7. Varking

Varking New Member

Yeah, and even know I know the fiance doesn't really understand or care about electronics like me, I woke her up to show her how proud I was to get it all working, haha.
Search tags for this page

games force close how can i fix android user

how to fix android games force close
how to fix force close game android

how to fix force close on android games

why do all games force close on my android phone
why game force close on phone