1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

installed BB, everything got wiped?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by razorseal, May 27, 2010.

1. razorseal

razorseal New Member

Hey guys, I'm real new to this thing, but when I installed BB just now (1ghz kernel) I chose wipre cache and data, well everything got wiped. perhaps it's common sense since I chose wipe and cache data? should I recover, and go back to the previous fresh root, and then reinstall using backup rom? if I do this, will it keep the data, or do I pretty much have to start over? or do I have to use something like ti backup?

thanks!
  2. shamus

shamus New Member

When you told the phone to wipe data, that's what it did.
    Many people backup/restore their apps and data but it's personal preference.
    Personally, I like a clean start every once in a while.
  3. razorseal

razorseal New Member

so is there a way I can install a rom on my phone and have it restore all the apps and settings once it installs? I don't really want a fresh start =/
  4. shamus

shamus New Member

Unless you backed up your data with some sort of program or nandroid, you will have to start fresh.
    In the future, depending on what ROM you're going to/coming from, you can choose to NOT wipe data. But that's not always an option.
  5. dbz443

dbz443 New Member

Ts.
    If your coming from BB 1.0 there is no reason to wipe. If your coming from a diff rom then its in your best interest to wipe if you want it to function properly. You can download titanium backup and use that to restore your apps, and data. This is the method that I use since I like to keep my call and message history.
  6. razorseal

razorseal New Member

so can u give me a quick step by step on how to do this?

on fresh rooted 2.1 install ti backup, and do a full backup
    install bb 1.0, choose wipe cache and data option? (or backup rom?)
    once bb 1.0 boots up and everything is fresh (if that's the case?) install ti backup from the market, and i guess it'll find the backup that I have, and press restore or something?

is that right?

eta: I'm an idiot, you DONT have to choose one of the choices rom manager gives you!!! oops
    Last edited: May 27, 2010
  7. shamus

shamus New Member

-No, you wouldn't want to backup a fresh rooted 2.1 install. You would essentially be backing up what's included in the SBF.
    -What you'd want to to is set the phone up the way you like, download your apps, get your settings straight, bookmarks, etc.
    -Then you'd want to back up. What you back up is up to you. Apps, texts, call logs, etc.
    -Then you wipe, install ROM.
    -Now you can restore your old bookmarks, call logs, texts, apps, etc onto your new clean, new ROM.

You don't HAVE TO wipe, but depending on what you're coming from it may be strongly recommended. Personally, like I said earlier, I always do. The only thing I back up/restore is bookmarks and sometimes settings.
  8. razorseal

razorseal New Member

ok, yeah that's what I did actually... my backup is just stock with the apps/settings I want.

I installed ti backup, and actually paid the 4 bux to get the full version, but I haven't gotten an email or anything to make it a full version yet =/ right now I'm on a fresh BB 1.0 (very sweet btw) but ti backup restoring is pita because every app it restores I have to press 'install' and I think there was like 190 things or something (not all apps, some maybe data, or stock droid apps) I think the 'auto' version in full version makes this alot easier, but liek I said no email yet with a key =(

also, I have the weatherbug elite location temperature thing in my notification bar that I use, but the problem is that the new notification bar is black, and so is the temperature text! is there a way to change this?