1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Installed BB 0.5, have to pay for apps all over again...

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by NegativeX, Sep 28, 2010.

1. NegativeX

NegativeX New Member

Updated from 0.4 to 0.5 and now all the apps I paid for/donated too.. (Titanium, Rom Manager, SetCPU and all games) now require me to pay for them all over again...

Solution?

Thanks! :)
  2. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life Theme Developer Premium Member

Funny... if it were due to BBv0.5 then it would've happened to me as well, no?
    Did you try to go to Manage Apps and Market, and clear cache and data... maybe that'll clear everything and force a resync?

Don't know what else to suggest...
  3. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier New Member

Sign in with the same Google account you bought the apps with perhaps?
  4. vorps

vorps New Member

Your purchased apps are tied to your Google account, not the device you're using / purchased them on... clear your cache in recovery mode, I guess.
  5. NegativeX

NegativeX New Member

Did all that.

Cleared cache (like I always do) and signed in with the one and only account I've ever used on my Droid.

I'm not complaining here, I love 0.5 so far, except for this issue.

Just looking for a solution. :)
  6. NegativeX

NegativeX New Member

No...

Just reading the forum will show you that some people have different issues that others do not on the same rom. Such is the life of programming software. ;)
  7. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life Theme Developer Premium Member

Actually...that'd be a Yes.... because the code is the same... such is how code is written.... it is either how you flashed, corrupted download, or something you added or installed with the ROM... makes sense to you?:)
  8. Skurvy_Pirate

Skurvy_Pirate New Member

Apps are tied to your google account. Nothing to do with the ROM. Are all your same contacts back? Maybe it's not synching right with google. Do your other apps show up in the market as downloaded?

Sent from my Droid
  9. thinkmega

thinkmega New Member

"Apps are tied to your google account", yes, that's how we feel it and that's how much we can tell. Why apps can be found in the market under one account but become invisible in another? (This is a different issue from the original post. It was what I observed after installing BB v0.5.). I do not know. If the problem did not occur in other ROM, it is reasonable to question the one where it happens.
  10. NegativeX

NegativeX New Member

Not going to get into a argument with you about something so stupid, but I do not agree.
  11. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

I am gonna have to say something is screwy here. Either bad flash, bad google sync, wrong acct. I had put in a brand new SD Card and after the BB v0.5 flash was done I went to the market and all my paid for apps were there. When you clear the cache/data your free apps are no longer listed but the paid apps stay with you forever.
  12. NegativeX

NegativeX New Member

Yeah I'm gonna work on a re-flash this evening and do it all over again... will report back with what I find.
  13. chops61636

chops61636 New Member

I had the same issue, but got it working again.

I flashed back to my last backup with my market working, re-synced my Google account (not sure if that's required, but that's what I did), then booted into ClockworkMod Recovery. From there I wiped boot, system, data & cache under the partitions menu, wiped the Dalvik cache under the advanced menu, and installed the BB0.5 zip again.

Then let it boot, sit and reboot (as per the instructions), and on the next boot instead of immediately signing into your Google account, bypass the Android startup screen by tapping each of the four corners (top left, top right, bottom right, bottom left) and you'll be brought to your homescreen without signing into your Google account. Now go to settings and add your Google account. Then use Titanium Backup to restore everything from before, and that's it.

Hope that works, I had the same problem and that's what fixed it for me.
  14. Larry_ThaGr81

Larry_ThaGr81 New Member

Silly? Yes, but not uncommon. You are both correct, MBK is correct because if the problem exist within the coding of the ROM then everyone would have the same problem. NegativeX is also right because for some unforeseen reason that we can't explain, his google account, connection to his google account or phone for that matter could have become corrupted.
  15. NegativeX

NegativeX New Member

Thank you... will give it a go here in a few. :)
  16. HarvesterX™

HarvesterX™ Member

NegativeX,

You can always get a detailed list of all Market transactions from google by going to https://checkout.google.com/m/main and logging in with the account you use.for.the phone. Hopefully once you get there you will see a detailed listing of all the apps you've purchased from the market with that usernname.

It would greatly aid us in troubleshooting the problem to know what you found out after looking at that site.

Oh by the way, that is a direct link to a webpag owned and operated by Google. There is absolutely no risk to you by going here and by logging in. Being aware of what links you folks and what information you gibe is very good practice, but sometimes there are people who follow these safety guidelines but at the same time have little computer experience/knowledge so they can be a little overly cautious :)

Anyways report back with what you find
  17. NegativeX

NegativeX New Member

Transactions showed being there...

Went a head and did a complete re-flash w/ whipe of data/cache and everything is now working as it should be. All paid apps are now showing as paid for. dancedroid

:)
Search tags for this page

i paid for a app setcpu now i have to pay again