1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Installed Apex 1.4.0, lost usb

Discussion in 'Droid X Roms' started by nate.fehr, Feb 25, 2011.

1. nate.fehr

nate.fehr New Member

The history:

In my phones history, I have rooted, flashed Liberty 1.0 and 1.5, got bored, and flashed Apex 1.4.0.

Big mistake.

Liberty was fine, but as soon as I flashed Apex, my phone will no longer connect to my PC. It charges from the wall just fine, but does not from the PC. All that happens when I plug in is the screen turns on. I have no USB connection.

I didn't care for Apex and went back to Liberty 1.5, yet the problem persists.

Its not a drastic issue (I can use Samba filesharing to transfer over wifi), but I'm guessing that I'm sunk if I ever need to sbf.

Any help? Please?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  2. DJSpikezz

DJSpikezz New Member

Simply wipe data/cache in clockwork recovery. There have been a few times where doing it once doesn't work.. I'm kinda OCD and wipe data/cache 3 times before i put on any ROM...

I have even come across the occasional boot loop anytime I try to install an Application. This has happened just after I have installed a new ROM. All I've ever had to do is wipe data/cache from clockwork recovery. Some people use titanium backup or other programs like it, I've never used those right and re-installing all the apps and re-doing all the settings is entertaining to me. I don't have problems when I do that either. I hope this is your answer.

If this doesn't fix your problem, then I suggest SBF'ing back to stock and starting completely clean. If you don't know how to SBF, there are plenty of pages you can find by googling "Droid X SBF how to".

Hope this helps.
  3. nate.fehr

nate.fehr New Member

Will try the data wipe thing.

I haven't checked that sbf link, but don't you have to connect to a PC via USB to do it? That's going to be a problem if it wont connect.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
Search tags for this page

installed apex and lost navigation