Installed 2.2, then did factory reset, now having problems with some apps!!!???!!!

teresagranger

Reaction score
Alright, so I downloaded the leaked version of 2.2 last night, and after a while, I decided I wanted to root my phone. Well, turns out I cant do that with 2.2 yet, but i thought If I did a hard factory reset, it would somehow revert back to 2.1. very wishful thinking. attempt of course failed. Anyway, I backed up my apps and contacts, etc...and when I was done with the restore process, I found that I needed to re-install 2 of my most used apps:

My Work Schedule
and
Mobile Banking For Android

The Problem is, when I find them (in AppBrain, because they wont show up in regular market) and try to install, I get an error message that says Not Found! The requested item could not be found.
For both of these apps.

Is there anything I need to do to be able to "find" these?
Also, I had paid for the full version of EasyTether a couple weeks ago, and it is no longer in my phone, or saved in my apps in the market, so if anyone can figure out that one too that would be amazing.

Please and Thanks!

:motdroidvert:

OP
T

teresagranger

Reaction score
Huh? Yikes! That looks way too complicated and waaay over my head, plus im not rooted... :(

Wnclivin

Reaction score
Huh? Yikes! That looks way too complicated and waaay over my head, plus im not rooted... :(

Where are you located? Perhaps you could post an ad on Craigslist for someone to help you. My friend builds websites and found a graphic designer that way.

I used root explorer to replace the build.prop file in less than a minute, very easy being rooted. Have someone flash the sbf and get you back to 2.1, then root, and apply 2.2 update again. The X rocks being rooted with Froyo! Good luck

phillyphill39

Reaction score
yeah i had issues with a bunch of old apps that i had got a long time ago showing up and apps that i paid for not showing up. so i just re flashed back to 2.1 thankfully i found the 2.1 sbf after a lot searching around for it.

Guyute

Reaction score
I was tempted to update to 2.2, but I'm seeing way too many issues. I'm planing on rooting after the OTA 2.2 comes our way. Does anyone see this a being a potential problem? Should I be able to root after the OTA 2.2 is installed?

OP
T

teresagranger

Reaction score
yeah i had issues with a bunch of old apps that i had got a long time ago showing up and apps that i paid for not showing up. so i just re flashed back to 2.1 thankfully i found the 2.1 sbf after a lot searching around for it.

After going back to 2.1 are you having any problems with your phone? and could you help me do that? do you have a link and instructions??