1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Installed 2.2 OTA can i still root my EVO?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by DROIdEDazb, Aug 3, 2010.

1. DROIdEDazb

DROIdEDazb New Member

i am new to rooting as you can probably obviously tell, i have a Sprint Evo and want to root. I installed the most recent OTA android update and can not get it to root. When i do the bootloader, it tells me no images were found. any help would be great
    thank you.
  2. pc747

pc747 Administrator Staff Member

3. pastorbob

pastorbob New Member

i thought that I read on engadget that the 2.2 update was going to block the original method for rooting the evo... You may be out of luck for a little bit (trust me they will root 2.2 for the evo) but they will eventually get it done again.
  4. DROIdEDazb

DROIdEDazb New Member

that was my fear bob. but hey these guys haul ass at what they do, i have faith. thanks again