[Installation] SS 5.X recommended install

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by yakitori, Feb 20, 2011.

1. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +3,460
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Note 3
    $10 has been sent your way for a makers mark (or your whiskey of choice) & coke! Thank you for all your support. Your advise has helped me get my phone working with as flawlessly as it is!

2. Daballa

Daballa Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I installed google voice by deleting the apk that came with the rom in data/apps and the associated folder in data/data through rom manager, rebooted, then installed a themed version I've been using via TiBu. Been running Gvoice on all GB roms to date. Most GB roms don't have this app included in it so I found it a little tedious to get my version installed and working. Just wanted to put it out there that Gvoice is working for me on v5.2.

Sent from my OG DROiD

3. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Thank you - totally missed your post!!

4. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Any apps in /data can simply be uninstalled via the normal means - applications -> manage - it did not have to be tedious ;) That is why I put it there, so it would be much easier than if it were in /system. Thanks for the info!

5. tbone73

tbone73 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Chevy, on 5.2 can we leave the launchers without taking up resources? I normally use LPP and I put it in the system/app folder. I like the Sony launcher and would like to leave ut in.

6. Daballa

Daballa Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Any apps in /data can simply be uninstalled via the normal means - applications -> manage - it did not have to be tedious ;) That is why I put it there, so it would be much easier than if it were in /system. Thanks for the info![/QUOTE]

Hey Chev, just saw yakitori said in the op that gvoice wasn't working and just wanted to let everyone know I was running it fine. Didn't intend to make it seem the rom makes it a pain in the a$$ to get it working properly. Thing is I tried to uninstall through manage applications but it still wouldn't let me install my themed version of gvoice. That is why I had to search around for the data/data folder in root explorer. Once that was deleted it seemed to then allow me to install my version.

Just want to also add this is my first SS rom to date. I have been a staunch Liquid guy dabbling with UD also. I love this rom haven't seen speed and options like this on either of those so far. You may have another new convert- great work!

Sent from my OG DROiD

7. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    You should be able to, yes - however, once you run another launcher, it is now taking up resources - a reboot would take it back out.

8. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Hey Chev, just saw yakitori said in the op that gvoice wasn't working and just wanted to let everyone know I was running it fine. Didn't intend to make it seem the rom makes it a pain in the a$$ to get it working properly. Thing is I tried to uninstall through manage applications but it still wouldn't let me install my themed version of gvoice. That is why I had to search around for the data/data folder in root explorer. Once that was deleted it seemed to then allow me to install my version.

Just want to also add this is my first SS rom to date. I have been a staunch Liquid guy dabbling with UD also. I love this rom haven't seen speed and options like this on either of those so far. You may have another new convert- great work!

Sent from my OG DROiD[/QUOTE]

Ah ok, thanks for the clarification! Odd that it wouldn't work for him - it works fine for me! I did have to use the 'fix gtalk' option in my scripts, but once I did that and rebooted, no issues. Also wondering why you had issues installing, if you uninstalled through normal means ... hmmm.

Thanks for stopping in and giving SS a try!

9. compton

compton Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, I am a new comer to SS. I was a long time user of UD.

I just installed SS 5.4 and its a very quick and responsive rom!

any ideas on how to change the widget buttons on the notification pull down window? I've been searching in the chevyno1 and cyanogen menus but haven't come across anything. I hope they are not fixed. Let me know thanks!

10. rchmnd52

rchmnd52 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Settings/CyanogenMod settings/Interface/Notification power widget/Widget buttons

11. Ted

Ted Member

Ratings:
    +0
    RE: Google Voice -

I've installed 5.4 and 5.5 and I'm about to re-install 5.5. I've used GV with each installation and have never had to jump through any hoops other than tell it I'm setting up a "new" account rather than selecting one in the list, and then re-entering the same user/password as the existing account. I get calls, messages, notifications, etc. without an issue. I'm actually surprised to learn that anyone has had issues or needed to do anything special.

12. Whitechapel

Whitechapel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not being able to restore my apps with Titanium Backup is a humongous deal breaker for me. I backup all my apps and have all my settings perfectly set, I'm not going to re-wipe my phone in hopes of correcting some issues only to spend hours upon hours of re-downloading and reconfiguring everything my obsessive compulsive little heart needs. Especially if it's just the apps and no system data or anything.

Still going to give it a shot, I want my LED to work again. Lol.

Search tags for this page
black background website opera mini

how to install ss5

intaling sunsung ss5 in these phone.
intallation sunsung galaxi ss5.oogle.com/
root galaxy mini ss5