Installation of Sourcery 2.2

buellboy9

Reaction score
I'll have to give this a try. The current GB-based ROMs are just way too buggy to be useful day-to-day. Most of the Froyo-based ROMs are 2.2.1, which means they have a serious SMS bug in them that was patched quite awhile ago by Google (2.2.2).

Thanks.

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I'll sure be watching to make sure you are back.. lol, in all seriousness, your error is a first for me.. definitely try again and any issues let us know... oh.. and it's damn well worth it..

Tapped from my Sourcerized D1

papatar

Reaction score
yea, i don't want to face the knife. what i meant by 'is it worth it' was should i try flashing the same download again or delete the original and re-download. charging the phone now, getting ready for attempt #2

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
After fumbling through just about every GB rom on this site, I finally came back to the magicians hat.

After 2 years out of engineering work, I finally got a engineering job and need something stable.......I've been losing data, can't answer calls randomly, and just need something stable.
Archived rom my @$$.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
After fumbling through just about every GB rom on this site, I finally came back to the magicians hat.

After 2 years out of engineering work, I finally got a engineering job and need something stable.......I've been losing data, can't answer calls randomly, and just need something stable.
Archived rom my @$$.

Gingerbread tastes like **** anyways :)

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
thanks

thanks guys for the continued compliments its sure appreciated and im sure gflam feels the same way. we worked hard to make this the most stable and different rom out there.
and from the research i have done i believe we had the first 2.2.2 rom out for any device.
We did a lot of firsts. and i worked hard on the updater too bad we never used it :)
at least we did use the notifications some which gflam got working.

I have never had a problem on the rom its been on my droid since release.
and i was happy when i tried netflix and it worked without any problems.

just want you to know it wasnt droid forums doing to archive this rom it was me causing that to be done. I was very unhappy about things at that time and did pretty much everything i could to kill this rom. problem is its just to good to die :)

I hope people continue to enjoy it.

and i have to say to donate to chizzle if you feel the need.
ok i said it take the knife away now.

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Thanks Eagle, If anyone is really interested please donate to your favorite charity on my behalf... Anyone need help feel free to post or PM me. This Rom is the best out there and just like you guys i went the hard way to understand that...
By the way: 12 day since Sourcery has been on my server and it has almost 200 downloads.. pretty good for an archived rom..

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
yea, i don't want to face the knife. what i meant by 'is it worth it' was should i try flashing the same download again or delete the original and re-download. charging the phone now, getting ready for attempt #2

You may have a bad download... if number 2 wont work try redownloading through wifi.

techRob

Reaction score
Which version of Froyo? 2.2.1, or 2.2.2?

2.2.2 which was too short so i have to add this bull so it will post

10 characters eagle... lol

Tapped from my Sourcerized D1

Aahhhhh....I get it now! 10char :) ...errr, I think I do...

..@Eagles knife comment: LMAO

But I have to agree, its worth trying. I ended up rebooting between each install. Then I had to let the phone sit for an hour or two while all my apps were downloaded and installed (all by themselves) - which, btw, stock never did for me since the first time I rooted a year ago (and 2 phones ago) :( ... once I get Sourcery fine tuned (which is actually kinda fun) its a beast. ...that is, done tuned to ur liking and ur specific phone.

Tap'd from my Sourcery hat.

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
I know in settings I can make the eri message scroll, hide it, but can I change the message text?

papatar

Reaction score
attempt #2 failed. i think i will try DL thru wifi as suggested. trying to open gmail i got a FC. i get a constant message saying 'android.process.acore has failed'. when installing should i reboot after flashing 2.0 and 2.2 and before flashing apps. i've been flashing all 3 before rebooting. thanks for the help

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
shouldnt have to boot before installing all three

attempt #2 failed. i think i will try DL thru wifi as suggested. trying to open gmail i got a FC. i get a constant message saying 'android.process.acore has failed'. when installing should i reboot after flashing 2.0 and 2.2 and before flashing apps. i've been flashing all 3 before rebooting. thanks for the help

But definatley redownload. i dont even know wht that error is i have never seen it and trust me i had a lot of builds that didnt want to work :) but never saw that error.

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
Are you by chance installing a kernel as well? If so I've seen that error with a kernel that's not compatible with a rom.

Either way I would move the rom zips over to the sd card via the mounted usb. Safest way to get clean zip files to the phone.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
good thought

Are you by chance installing a kernel as well? If so I've seen that error with a kernel that's not compatible with a rom.

Either way I would move the rom zips over to the sd card via the mounted usb. Safest way to get clean zip files to the phone.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

are you installing a kernel that was for a gingerbread rom maybe. ???

darkmatter

Reaction score
I just installed chevy ulv 1.2 kernel, and its running very smoothly.