Installation of Sourcery 2.2

daelight

Reaction score
Escaping Cyanogen 7.2. Data connection always drops and requires airplane mode toggled on and off to reacquire. Trying out Sourcery 2.2.

Any ideas on why I can't download my purchased apps from the market?

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
no

Escaping Cyanogen 7.2. Data connection always drops and requires airplane mode toggled on and off to reacquire. Trying out Sourcery 2.2.

Any ideas on why I can't download my purchased apps from the market?

no idea. try the new all inclusive 2.2 install . i have never had probelms with my apps or paid installing automatically.
let us know.

daelight

Reaction score
Eagle1967 thanks for the quick response.

Found out info from other sites. Google flags accounts with suspicious activity. I flashed my Droid 1 and downloaded files from the market 3+ times within 24 hours. Most likely reason I got flagged--repeated downloading of the same apps. So I got temporarily banned.

Ban got lifted and all paid apps downloaded today on their own. I got everything up and running, and I must commend you on a great ROM--fast, stable, and loaded.

All best wishes on your next endeavor.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
thanks.

and that goes to gflam and all our teters and people that made the themes,recoveries,kernels.
We just made it so it was all here no searching , without the permission of the app developers with the included apps, kernels,themes and all we couldnt of put out this awesome rom.
I dont know if any of them visit here but i want to make sure they all know how much we appreciated their contributions.
we all appreciate it when people like our work.
thanks for the info. i never heard about this ban thing before. interesting.

silentbob343

Reaction score
Quick question. About once a day I get a force close error for the sourcery update service. From what I read the service is no longer available, how do I disable this in the ROM so it will not attempt to update and thus throw an error.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Or the new app i'm working on which should be out soon just one more thing to fix just don't really feel like messing with it much lately but it does have a system app uninstaller so theres a little sneak peak ;)

lancasterv3

Reaction score
I don't want to sound like a newb, I just hate messing up initial installs "it makes me feel dirty lol" .....when you say clear data/cache 3x do you mean through clockwork recovery of Moto's recovery? Just want to be clear I am doing this to my girlfriends phone, and if I mess this up I shall not see tomorrow :icon_eek: I put her on CM 7.0.3 then LGB but neither ran smooth and she does not care for it. It seems like all GB roms I have put on there do not run right. So I think I will give her some magic with this ROM.dancedroid
thanks in advance.

theotherllama

Reaction score
2.2 Install won't stick

Love the ROM in my limited experience so far. Coming from a year of endless terribly GB ROMs, the speed and stability have been welcome. I only wish I had come back to Froyo sooner.

One problem I'm having, I can't get it to recognize 2.2. At this point I'd say screw it, but it keeps notifying me of an update to 2.1, which is annoying.

Here's what I've done:

1.) Downloaded and installed the full version 2.2 from the link in Chizzele's profile.
2.) Wiped data/cache, installed, played with it. Read the thread here about 2.2 after I first noticed I was on 2.0.
3.) Proceeded to wipe data/cache a trillion times. Reinstalling 2.2 a few times in between.
4.) At one point I formatted data, cache, system, boot, and SD each 3 times through recovery, then reapplied the install. There are probably a few times in there where I wiped data/cache a fourth and fifth time on top of the individual formats I ran on data, cache, boot, and SD.

Any ideas? Can I at least turn off the notification and just wait out this last month before the Prime in peace?

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Love the ROM in my limited experience so far. Coming from a year of endless terribly GB ROMs, the speed and stability have been welcome. I only wish I had come back to Froyo sooner.

One problem I'm having, I can't get it to recognize 2.2. At this point I'd say screw it, but it keeps notifying me of an update to 2.1, which is annoying.

Here's what I've done:

1.) Downloaded and installed the full version 2.2 from the link in Chizzele's profile.
2.) Wiped data/cache, installed, played with it. Read the thread here about 2.2 after I first noticed I was on 2.0.
3.) Proceeded to wipe data/cache a trillion times. Reinstalling 2.2 a few times in between.
4.) At one point I formatted data, cache, system, boot, and SD each 3 times through recovery, then reapplied the install. There are probably a few times in there where I wiped data/cache a fourth and fifth time on top of the individual formats I ran on data, cache, boot, and SD.

Any ideas? Can I at least turn off the notification and just wait out this last month before the Prime in peace?

hi ya. ok there is a newer version but what you have is fine. just go into system apps and remove sourcery updater.apk and reboot and you should be good.
the newer version just removes that and another file but no big deal just do it manually.
let me know if you still have problems.