Install zip from sd...

killerqueenfm

Reaction score
Hey guys, quick question. I'm trying to install a themed app (blacked out dolphin HD) and have tried using the Liberty Toolbox Donate to do it (because I'm a lazy POS). Well, that didn't work, CWR said "preparing to install", but when the phone booted up there was no app.

So I dl'ed it manually and moved it to the root of my sd card. Checked the name, it was correct with .zip at the end. But when I go into CWR and "install zip from sd card", all I see are the file folders. I don't see any individual files, including blackedoutetc.zip or update.zip on this screen. But when I go into Astro, I can clearly see both of these files on the root of my sd card. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Hey guys, quick question. I'm trying to install a themed app (blacked out dolphin HD) and have tried using the Liberty Toolbox Donate to do it (because I'm a lazy POS). Well, that didn't work, CWR said "preparing to install", but when the phone booted up there was no app.

So I dl'ed it manually and moved it to the root of my sd card. Checked the name, it was correct with .zip at the end. But when I go into CWR and "install zip from sd card", all I see are the file folders. I don't see any individual files, including blackedoutetc.zip or update.zip on this screen. But when I go into Astro, I can clearly see both of these files on the root of my sd card. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Have you tried maybe creating a folder just for this zip file? If Astro (or the native file manager) can see the file and you are sure it is named with a .zip file extension, then you should see if from within clockwork recovery. I'm also assuming you have tried rebooting or maybe mounting storage from with in CWR.

clarkstrange

Reaction score
I've always had to search through my files. Go into the download file. It's prolly in there. I've never had one be on the very first screen after clicking "install zip from SD card"

Sent from a Liberated Droid X

OP
K

killerqueenfm

Reaction score
Yeah ok to be clear I know it want initially installed on the root of the sd card. I manually moved it there. But in response to the first reply, I did that and DID find the file, so thanks for that tip. Not sure why it didn't show on the root of the sd card... Installed it and the "blacked out" text showed a successful install. Only problem is, when I reboot my phone I have no app! What do?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App