Install OTA Gingerbread?

patrickriley2010

Reaction score
Okay leme start off by saying im a moron didnt do anybackups "i dont think" i have no idea what i did? where do i download clockwork? i mean it shows up but i never installed it it just shows up when i restart on occasion? Anyways i managed to screw stuff up i have no idea how to restore to an old backup if i even have one.

Okay real question...

Can i install the OTA Ginger Bread over the top of liberty 2.01 without un rooting or anything?

p057

Reaction score
no, actually it won't let you.

even if you could, then if you install OTA, you'll be stuck on OTA until you SBF back to an older version... in other words, don't do it.

Clockwork can be found in the android market.
SBF back to stock froyo (.340), set it all up. DO A BACKUP THIS TIME
then root froyo, DO A BACKUP THIS TIME
then follow the directions here: Official DX Gingerbread 2.3.3 (4.5.596) Release Thread - Something for everyone
this will get you to rooted GB

then install liberty .6 via the directions here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/liberty-rom-dx/151273-rom-liberty-gingerbread.html

THEN BACK UP AGAIN

I don't understand why people don't back up. I must have 20 different backups after each change I make to the system. make this a habit.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score

even if you could, then if you install OTA, you'll be stuck on OTA until you SBF back to an older version... in other words, don't do it.

then follow the directions here: Official DX Gingerbread 2.3.3 (4.5.596) Release Thread - Something for everyone

then install liberty .6 via the directions here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/liberty-rom-dx/151273-rom-liberty-gingerbread.html

THEN BACK UP AGAIN

I don't understand why people don't back up. I must have 20 different backups after each change I make to the system. make this a habit.

How do you have enough space? Each of my backups took around 600 MB.

OP
P

patrickriley2010

Reaction score

THEN BACK UP AGAIN

the thing was i started messing around without knowing what i was doin. how do i get back to stock?

p057

Reaction score

THEN BACK UP AGAIN

How do you have enough space? Each of my backups took around 600 MB.

First off, I put all my backups off my SD card onto my PC.

Second off, they're only like 200-350 MB for me. I do t put a lot of apps on my phone.