Install 'missing' account types/widgets?

Vocoder

Reaction score
Howdy,

I unboxed my brand new X last night. It's missing the facebook/twitter/picasa etc. icons from the "Set up Accounts" screen.

Verizon tech support is clueless and I'm not happy. Rather than get into it with them, I was hoping to find a way around this - I'm assuming there's a set of files that can be copied to my X, but I need to know where I can obtain these files and where to stick them in the filesystem. I'm not opposed to rooting and playing around...

Anyone? Thanks in advance!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If facebook/twitter are in your app drawer, just open them and sign in and then they will be added to "your accounts"

If they are not in your app drawer then download the apps from the Market and then sign in as stated before

OP
V

Vocoder

Reaction score
Thanks - I downloaded FB from the market and the icon appears in 'my accounts', but it does nothing when I click it.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have you gone in your app drawer ?

On any one of your home screens, at the bottom, in the middle there should be an icon that you touch and it will open your app drawer, find the fbook app icon in there and select it

OP
V

Vocoder

Reaction score
It's in the app drawer, and I can open the app and sign in that way, but what I'm looking for is the ability to assign FB to a social media widget on the homescreen, and sync with my contacts. Neither of these happen with 'just' the app.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't have MotoBlur on my device so unfortunately I cannot answer that question for you

wdprice3

Reaction score
I just did these steps with no issues on a DX with 2.1:

1.) Download Facebook app from market
2.) Sign into facebook app, accept EULA, etc.
3.) On home screen long press, Motorola Widgets, Social Networking
4.) Press social networking widget from home screen
5.) Add account
6.) Select facebook
7.) Enter email & p/w
8.) Hit ok, done
9.) Widget should show updates

And you're saying after step 6 you get nothing?