Install market apps unsuccessfull..

mich1248

Reaction score
Recently when I install apps in market they will download but want install successfully...some will but half want especially angry birds and stupid zombies..anyone know the reason for this or have similar issues..

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Technoman

Reaction score
Recently when I install apps in market they will download but want install successfully...some will but half want especially angry birds and stupid zombies..anyone know the reason for this or have similar issues..

Everything is updating and installing fine for me.

Have you tried to install from the new Market Web site?

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Mine will download but never install. Later when I go into My Apps in the market it shows them as installing. Like they freeze in between steps. It did this on my sister's incredible too, so probably a market problem.

OP
mich1248

mich1248

Reaction score
Try from the online market as well..no luck..so idk

OP
mich1248

mich1248

Reaction score
Did what it said...same problem can't get it to install..well heading to bed so ill mess with it tomorrow.thanks all for the help

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Go into menu>settings>applications and see if you can clear cache or uninstall updates for the market.

TaubBaer

Reaction score
I had the same problem and the best way is to unmound the SD and mount SD, if it don't help. The last resort was to format the SD. BUT before you format, save your pictures! I admitted that I didn't save those hundreds photos.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

sierraspree

Reaction score
Recover your SD Contents

Some of this may be off topic but still related...

Hey TaubBaer, try downloading Recuva from Piriform to see if you can get your SD card pics back?

I too have the Installation Error "Unknown reason - 18" when attempting the install of Angry Birds.
-Cleared cache
-Uninstalled/attempted reinstall a few times
-Have not tried the SD card wipe

I notice if I delete songs from the SD card through Windows Explorer when my DX is connected to my pc, or if I just use "Files" app to delete songs, my DX hangs up terribly. I can power the phone off/on several times but that still doesn't alleviate the slowness. Also, I can clear the cache from the music app but it still doesn't reflect the changes to the artists I've removed, even after a couple reboots. At some point it just updates, I can't figure out when.

I think I'm ready for an SD card wipe myself. Will report back if that fixes the error 18 issues...

foxfire06

Reaction score
I know I don't have a droid phone or from Verizon, but I thought if I can get help from anywhere, its here....I can't install the game Stupid Zombies, everytime it is almost finish installing, my phone restarts...anyone know what I can do? If I cant be helped in this forum, can someone point me in the right direction?