Install exited with status 86 - HELP

Discussion in 'Adamz' started by nateccnn, Apr 20, 2010.

1. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

Ratings:
    +22
    OK...I fubarred. I was attempting to install the OC Kernel from the TAR file and accidently chose the ROM tar file. When I realized I was installing the ROM I chose Do Not Install from the first option given. It attempted a restore and gave me the error "Install Exited with status 86". Is this good or bad?

After getting this error I simply backed up to chose the correct boot.tar file and chose the low voltage, 800 mhz. It is rebooting now. Crossing fingers!

Nate

2. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

Ratings:
    +22
    Damn! I got the boot loop. I've read about it but never experienced it. Off to perform a restore from my backup made prior to all this. LOL

Nate

3. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

Ratings:
    +22
    Well...no one responded so maybe no one has run into this.

Here is what happened. As I said, I accidentally started the install of the SG 6.0.1 ROM from a TAR file. I had both files stored on my SD card and just accidentally chose the ROM instead of the kernel (boot). It did a nandroid backup as part of the install process and the first question it asks after the backup is do you really want to install this rom. I knew that was not the right install menu so I chose NO! It automatically attempted the restore but it appearently failed. Thinking it was no big deal I just chose the correct TAR file and tried to install the kernel when I should have backed out of SPRecovery, rebooted the phone and started all over again. Who knows if I would have got different results? Doesn't really matter and to be honest I bet I would have got the exact same result. When I rebooted after installing the kernel I got the Nexus boot animation (sparking X). Clearly the install had already begun for the ROM cuz the kernel would not have put that boot animation on the phone. And that is when it got stuck in the boot loop.

Pulled the battery and rebooted into SPRecovery and restored the nandroid backup that I made after rooting the 2.1, before trying to install the kernel. It was still rooted (Terminal allowed the SU command). So From the recovered nandroid backup I installed Adamz low voltage 800 mhz kernel and it worked fine. But in SetCPU I could not get it to work at 800 mhz. The slider would allow 800 to be selected but the max shown in the title bar was 550. And the SetCPU widget reported 384 max. Weird. I backed it down to 700 with the slider and everything works great. It sure feels like 800 mhz did when I ran Smoked Glass 6.0.1 at 800.

So there ya go. Adamz kernel works with 2.1 ESE81! Yeah!

Edit:2 hours later I go into SetCPU and the slideer allows me to bump it up to 800 mhz. Weird.

Nate

#3 nateccnn, Apr 20, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2010