1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Install a Rom to Wifi Tether?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by bcarroll76, Mar 5, 2010.

1. bcarroll76

bcarroll76 New Member

Guys, I am currently rooted and can load ROM's, however I really dont want to loose all my contact info / exchange email etc. when installing a new ROM.. is there a way to just get the wifi tether capability on a rooted phone without installing a new ROM? or is there a way to install a new Rom and still keep all my programs and settings & phone #'s etc?

Can I install an updated kernel on a non ROM'd phone as long as it is rooted?

I really just want Wifi Tether...

Any help sure would be great
  2. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

You will NEVER lose your contacts as long as you sign in to your gmail account (if you even wipe data)....

You say your rooted, but do you have SPRecovery 0.99.3b?
  3. bcarroll76

bcarroll76 New Member

Yes I do have the 99.3b installed and have done a complete backup.

Also, I did install the nandroid version of Bugless Beauty, and it installed fine, i just lost all programs etc.. any way around that?
  4. Zargon

Zargon New Member

You can use MyBackup to backup your apps. It's real easy to use, but it didn't backup a couple of my apps, I had to reinstall them manually.
  5. bcarroll76

bcarroll76 New Member

is that a market app? Does it also save your settings (like for instance my exchange settings in email)
  6. Se7enLC

Se7enLC New Member

Yes - don't do a nandroid install. nandroid restores will wipe all your stuff, but update.zip installs don't involve wiping any data - just app installs and such, so when you reboot, all your things will still be there (you may need to sign into google again, but your contacts and apps and such are all there)

Yes. I recommend going with a kernel that is already packaged up as an update.zip file. adamz 1.1Ghz is a good choice - and you can use setCPU to pick a slower maximum speed if you're not comfortable overclocking. I run it at 800.
Search tags for this page

e10a wifi tethering

wifi sinister