Insanity!

label

Reaction score
I think I will go insane deciding which verizon phone to get.

I lost my old HTC droid which was at droid 1.2 or 1.6 (couldnt go any further, was old) and I am finally able to get a new phone, but I honestly can't decide on which one to get

I have it between these 3

Droid Charge by samsung
Droid Incredible 2 by HTC
Droid Thunderbolt by HTC

I love HTC for their user-friendliness, but I know samsung also makes great droids.

Ive compared all the specs and that made me lean a bit more towards the charge and thunderbolt, but the incredible 2 also has its own unique features.

And the problem is that they are all so similar, yet different. Idk lol, which would you choose and why? Oh and I forgot to say, I think the thing that is most irritating is the fact that I know if I wait a couple months then there will be ANOTHER great phone on the market. Planned obsolescence can suck it. But the problem is that I can't wait any longer since I currently have no phone and need one for my job. If the LG Revolution hits shelves extremely soon then I have a chance of getting that...but no dates have been confirmed yet and I think I would still like the charge or thunderbolt more, and the droid bionic is out of the question since I can't stand Motoblur.

(I won't just buy the one you say, but I want to hear other's opinions)

i had another account but I lost it so I had to reregister >.<

Last edited:

Dregun

Reaction score
I'm in the EXACT same boat. I recently lost my D1; had it almost 2 years and its now time for me to upgrade. All three offer something slightly different but I want an acutal upgrade, I rooted my Droid about a year ago and was very satisfied with the phone and after overclocking it really was a nice phone.

Now I need a new one and those 3 choices are starring right back at me as well. The DroidX2 is out because its doesn't have a front facing camera although I still don't know how much I would use it.

4G in my area probably wont be here for 2 years, so I was leaning towards the INC2 as it even had better quandrant scores compared to the Charge; but; I was told by someone with a D1 that going from it to the Inc2 didn't feel like that much of an upgrade...so that was making me lean more towards the Thunderbolt or the Charge. Got a chance to hold the Charge today at Verzion and it's extremely light and the screen is pretty nice and I actually liked the front buttons.

So like the OP I'm stuck on what to do right now as well; is the other aspects of the Charge and Thunderbolt worth it over the INC2 without 4G access? Meaning if those 2 phones were 3G only like the INC2 would someone still consider them better phones?

Thanks for any input!
PS. I can wait maybe a week longer..but I miss not having my phone and the wife doesn't like me hogging her D2 on her all the time.

Dregun

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have you compared these devices in person to assess your preferences for physical characteristics? Don't rely on spec sheet racing alone.

which would you choose and why?
Doesn't matter. What are your needs/wants?

Dregun

Reaction score
Well after looking at the Dx2 I just might get that instead. It really sucks that Verizon (or I should say the cell phone makers) haven't produced a "Great" phone. Something tells me its a ploy ..but I digress..

So..

DX2 vs Charge

DX2 Pros
Led Notification Light
Higher Rez
Better Processor currently and potential
Motorolla
Dual Led

DX2 Cons
Not 4G
AMOLED has better energy usage and brightness
Slightly smaller Battery; Life might be less (unknown)
No Front Facing Camera
No extra noise cancellation
BT 2.1 vs Charge 3.0

Dx2 Vs Thunderbolt

DX2 Pros
Better Screen Rez
Dual Core Processor
Lager Battery - Possibly better battery life

Dx2 Cons
Not 4G
No Front Facing Camera
No extra noise cancellation
Less Ram

DX2 Vs Inc2

Dx2 Pros
Larger Screen
Better Rez
Larger Battery
Dual Core Processor

Dx2 Cons
No Front Facing Camera
No extra Noise Cancellation
Less RAM

So matching up the pros vs the cons I get these results
Front Facing Camera - Not really sure how much this bothers me
4G - Honestly, going to be 2 years before my area gets it
Less Ram - Kinda pissed, why not put the extra 256mb if its dual core?

Pros.
Better Processor
Better Resolution and screen size compared to others
Decent Battery/Life

So thats why I'm going with the Dx2; the pros definitely out way the cons for my area and for having the most chance of being future proof for future Updates even without the front facing camera. My only hope is that it feels like a true upgrade from my Droid1 considering I had it flashed with better roms and overclocked to 1ghz before losing it..it really was a great phone.

Hope this helps someone.

Oowoon

Reaction score
Well. It will get gingerbread shortly after release. It will probably be rooted like its predecessors. I say you should go for it. 4G isn't that great anyway. Unless you love speed, and away from home alot of the time.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Dregun

Reaction score
Well. It will get gingerbread shortly after release. It will probably be rooted like its predecessors. I say you should go for it. 4G isn't that great anyway. Unless you love speed, and away from home alot of the time.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

I agree, hell I pretty much had Gingerbread on my Droid1 already; and loved flashing and rooting my phone and my friends phones. The problem with 4G is everywhere I would go wouldn't have 4G for a while anyways, Id get it while driving through that city but then lose it at my destination. Hell ATT doesn't even have 3G where I live so I dont' expect to see 4G from verizon here all that quick.

The Verizon guy at the local store told me Verizon said we would have 4G up here within a year and he tole me he highly doubts that as well.

OP
L

label

Reaction score
I've also made my choice.

Out of those 3 I mentioned I figured the Thunderbolt was the best of them, and while you brought up the Droid X2, I cannot, and I literally mean, CANNOT, work with Motoblur/motorola UI

so looks like the HTC Thunderbolt it is.

Dregun

Reaction score
I've also made my choice.

Out of those 3 I mentioned I figured the Thunderbolt was the best of them, and while you brought up the Droid X2, I cannot, and I literally mean, CANNOT, work with Motoblur/motorola UI

so looks like the HTC Thunderbolt it is.

Yeah, I've witnessed Motoblur on my wifes Droid 2 first hand; since it's her phone I havent' and wont flash it unless she specifically asks me too. Me on the other hand I'll flash the X2 probably as soon as I get it depending on what changes they might have made to it. Who knows, maybe they put some work on it (probably not) but I'm not going to let Blur sway my decision simply because I like to mess with my phone and have no reason to need to keep it stock.