Insane battery drain happening :(

AngelCTMH

Reaction score
What is clock work? I have the driod 2 global btw. had charging all night. was at 100% then 1/2 hour later 80% after checking texts/emails.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Clockwork is a recovery program. If your screen was on for a solid half hour that's normal. CDMA if you're in the US on Verizon...... I guess. I don't have a D2G & I figured it was automatic.

AngelCTMH

Reaction score
Yea my driod 2 global was already on "global" connection. So I changed it to CDMA.

I am so lost at times - had a black berry for years and was used to it. lol

I am working today. brought in my charger cuz I know it's not gonna last!!

compton

Reaction score
poontab thanks for the screen shot! I tried using different kernels like jdlfg and chevys, but they all gave me battery drain issues. I just flashed to the 1ghz slayher kernel and set it to 250-1000 powersave and that seems like it did the trick. What mode are you set to in setcpu?

I am currently at 40% @ 14hours 24mins... which is an improvement. Usually I would be at 15-20% @ only 10 hours of use.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
aefcb6d5-f0eb-f2f8.jpg

& my main is 250-1000 interactive. I'd rethink using powersaver. It just keeps it at your min.

compton

Reaction score
LOL, okay I didn't realize that until I loaded angry birds last night. OMG it was so ridiculously laggy...

How does interactive treat the cpu freq? also what is the priority about?

Last edited:

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
It scales it up all the way to Max. Which unless your running the conservative or powersave is what will happen anyway.

NewDroidOrder

Reaction score
Well, I think I can shed a little light on the SetCPU profiles just a bit.

What you need to think about is the priority level. Setting the failsafe to 100 seems like a good idea, but really what would make more sense is to have the screen off be 100, then your failsafe 95. Because if your phone reaches that temp chances are you are going to want to turn the screen off, if not then your failsafe will kick in.

Also, the processor that is on these is quite a bit more robust when it comes to what kind of temperatures it can handle. This thing's max rated temp is 160 degrees F. It makes sense obviously to set the failsafe lower than that, but I would say you are better off setting it to about 145 degrees F, and set the max clock speed to something like 600-800mhz. Setting it any lower than that will pretty much make it unresponsive and you are screwed either way. Lowering the maximum clock speed to stock which would be 600 will give it the break it needs and it will still function.

I read a huge thread very detailed thread on all of this and I followed what has been said. Here is my setup.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Your charging profile "could" send your battery into thermal runway. It clocks at your 3rd slot on your wall charger. When thinking about CPU usage versus battery what's worse; running at 600 MHz for 3.5 seconds or 1.5 at 1000?

NewDroidOrder

Reaction score
Well as far as the whole heat thing is concerned, if it were to ever make it that hot which it never has then it would go into failsafe. Only under extreme conditions the temp would get that high in which case you would most likely have to try to get it that hot by setting it to performance and playing a game while listening to pandora and slacker and be logged into several different chat programs.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
The battey takes longer to heat up & cool down; I guess by the time it's that hot the CPU is smoking though.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hot enough for thermal runway; not your profiles. What about the board?