1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Input wanted, share ideas for upcoming Liquid releases.

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by hrdnhvy, Jun 2, 2011.

1. hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy New Member

Do you ave any ideas, tweaks, options, features you would possibly like to have in upcoming Liquid Rom releases.

Please post them here.

Thanks.
  2. rsimpson

rsimpson New Member

Great idea.

I'd like to see the device-wake-on-phone-call-received issue figured out. I always have a good 3+ second lag from when the ringer/vib starts and when the screen comes on. I'd like to be able to keep my min clock at 250mhz too.

I guess this isn't really a ROM thing but...is there a way to allow us end-users to see and/or change our own kernel vsel (voltage) values? That would be sweet. Or at least see what they are set at for reference purposes.

finer grained battery percentage increments. I guess cvpcs is working on this.

fast screen turn on when you click the power button when the screen is off. For some reason in the new versions... probably 2.3.4, the screen comes on very slowly... I've actually disabled the Liquid "screen on animation" because if this. It would be nice for the screen to just "pop on" very quickly... then if we want, we could turn that cool "screen on animation" again and it would work as intended.

Option to turn off that blasted red LED blinking light when batts are low. All of us here do so many "battery stats" clears that the red light blinking is utterly annoying.

Transparent notification drop down items. I've mentioned this one before but might as well add it here. In LFY, items in the notification dropdown were transparent. Now they come up with a white-ish background. The dropdown itself is transparent but the items (ongoing notifcations, etc...) are opaque.
  3. rsimpson

rsimpson New Member

Oh yeah...

Access to the stock kernel without re-flashing the ROM.
    And while I'm at it... different slot assignments/voltages from the stock kernel dev would be nice... but I know I don't really need to be saying that.

EDIT: At least just more info on the stock kernel. Who the dev is... what makes this kernel better... what are the clock steps/voltages, etc...
  4. hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy New Member

You can get the stock kernel back by restoring just the "boot" image from a backup of the rom that has the stock kernel....keep a backup of the rom stock...
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  5. rsimpson

rsimpson New Member

great, ok.
  6. kaylesworth

kaylesworth New Member

Put market updateable apps like Launcher Pro, SU, gmail and such in /data/app folder versus the /system/app folder so that they can be easily updated.
  7. sonicfreak360

sonicfreak360 New Member

This sounds crazy, but an option to move apps from system to data, or data to system. Shadowrom had that feature, does anyone remember that old rom? It was the best :'(
  8. Kin

Kin New Member

Bluetooth connection fix would be the biggest improvement for me at least. Gingerbread ROMs in general do not reliable (initially) connect to my stereo unless the screen is on/unlocked. Something is either preventing bluetooth from connecting while screen is on, or it does connect and disconnects immediately. This does not occur with Froyo :(
  9. kinfolk248

kinfolk248 New Member

supercharge script!!!!!! ;-) ;-)
  10. kylo77

kylo77 New Member

I'd love to see a camera and video camera that actually worked all the time. I'm sure this is not a Liquid issue, maybe it's just my hardware but my video camera consistently fails and regular camera fails 50% of the time.
  11. tamlin42

tamlin42 New Member

Stock graphics/icons/widgets/bootanim(maybe) from install. I'm probably alone on this, but I like simple, unified themes, and theme chooser makes it really easy to change up whatever you don't like, but noone makes a fully stock gingerbread theme. I settled on a stock one with custom battery icons.

No disrespect intended, of course to the litany of modders for android, they do awesome work.
  12. btonetbone

btonetbone New Member

I am really missing the bluetooth dialer prompts. I do a lot of driving, and it's just not safe to use a phone without that! I just switched over the SS 5.4 to test out his ROMs, and he somehow has a script to add it back in. Overall, I hugely prefer Liquid, but this is a feature that could sway me one way or another.

Other than that, I'm thrilled with the current LGB setup!
  13. doublea500

doublea500 New Member

1what i realized in this rom is the override the headphones option for the alarm doesnt work to well. (i sleep listenign to music once in a while). the sound plays but very very low. so itd be great if you guys can get that working better.

2. automatic Wifi Scanning times. like if i go to school i keep my wifi on but i never actually use wifi. im pretty sure this drains battery. and when i go home i always have wifi on and use it. i go home at the same time each day and im sure other people could use this option too.

3 I know this is just about impossible but id like to say it anyways. your gonna like this guys. "Interactive theming application that can be used on either a cpu or the droid". With simple (not advanced) titles for each theming option. For example- Button under theme section saying "notification bar Not Pulled down" then you click it and it shows you the picture of the notification bar when its not pulled down and you can just put a picture, design... on it.
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  14. thaDroidz

thaDroidz New Member

simple overclocking profiles....
  15. nu2droid

nu2droid Member

I'd like to see being able to change kernel settings (i.e. governer & max) without having to reboot to take effect.
    If possible...
  16. sonicfreak360

sonicfreak360 New Member

Project Elite got that working, so it's definitely possible! That's another top feature that I need/want :D

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  17. 666ogre666

666ogre666 Member

I was just thinking about that rom the other day. It was pretty awesome, too bad so many of the good developers stopped....
  18. crxlvr

crxlvr New Member

I don't know if its the rom, kernal, or lgb itself, but id like more stability really. Phone will shut off for no reason and reboot, 3g will just stop working and ill have to cycle wifi on and off, sometimes when getting a call lp will freeze and ill either miss the call or the option to answer won't come up. Id enjoy more visual changes so my gingerbread looks cooler than any stock version of gb.
  19. sonicfreak360

sonicfreak360 New Member

You do realize that a user error caused that right? I get none of those issues, and I never had!

Sent through 3G
  20. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass Well-Known Member

I've always wanted to be able to activate the LED notifications while in the desk-clock application settings, it sucks to have to reach over, wake the phone, check, scroll back through my apps list, hit clock, then hit the dim button all over again just to check for messages or missed calls.