input needed!

lydia93257

Reaction score
looking to get a case or silicon gel to cover my phone. yes the info is probably here but omg there's a ton of threads to go through. i have read some. so here's my Q:
which cover gives you the best protection (like from a fall) while still keeping functionality? i don't have the dock or anything else for that matter (yet). my sister dropped her droid & i've seen the beautiful little creature with a shattered face. it's really disturbing & i never want to experience that pain. she said get a cover but egad which cover???

cwzwack

Reaction score
Seidio and Otterbox are the ones I've seen discussed the most on this site. The Otterbox case just came out within the last month or so. I use the Seido case and holster. It covers all four corners without adding much bulk to the phone. I've only dropped my phone once. It fell waist high onto a concrete pad. I can't find a single scratch on the case or phone. There are probably other posters that can tell you about the Otterbox, but my guess is that they are about the same. The Otterbox provides better screen protection, though. I know that

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
which cover gives you the best protection (like from a fall) while still keeping functionality?
We all have the same tools that you do for assessing the case options (the threads you mentioned). No one to my knowledge has performed any serious drop tests with Droids in cases so you're asking people to speculate. Your guess based on the available data is as good as anyone else's.

it's really disturbing & i never want to experience that pain.
Well, be aware that a case improves the odds of your Droid surviving a fall. It does not, however, guarantee that it will survive any and all falls. I'd suggest one of the full cases and insurance if you want to play it safe.

Last edited:
OP
lydia93257

lydia93257

Reaction score
"No one to my knowledge has performed any serious drop tests with Droids in cases so you're asking people to speculate."

Not wanting anyone to try dropping Droids!!! Please DON'T! *lol* But I appreciate the reply and thanks for the input. I have heard from some who have inadvertently dropped and survived. Survivor stories. && definitely have the super mega deluxe ultra insurance for the phone cause honestly I'm "one of those people" who go to a party and get pushed into a pool while playing tag. Thanks for the input. Greatly appreciate having a group to Droid with. :heart::motdroidhoriz:

fullthrottle

Reaction score
ive dropped my droid once on concrete while running.. i have the OEM verizon case w/ the belt holster and it slides out easliy so it fell out while i ran for a quick sec but its pretty tough so no damage n nowim looking for a silicone case that fits tight on the phone because just about any hard case will pop off the phone.