1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Inner workings of app storage locations and SDcard partitions

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by mckapet, Jun 15, 2010.

1. mckapet

mckapet New Member

Hi All,

So, I was geeking around with my phone, and read through the post(s) on using pm setInstallLocation to control where apps that were downloaded are stored.

I then realized that because I had previously been using a CM ROM and Clockworkmod (love it!) that I had partitioned my SDcard with swap and sd-ext (all via the format SD card function in Clockworkmod).

Not finding anything that stated I *had* to keep those with BB V0.1, I found a copy of 'parted' and nuked the whole SDcard and then let the phone come up, complain that the card was 'damaged' and re-format the whole thing.

The result was/is a single fat32 partition of almost 16G {which matches the total amount of storage showing on my wife's completely stock, Droid 2.1}

My phone *seems* to be okay, but *maybe* it's a little slower...{you know how if you stare at something for a really, really long time, it seems to chanage before your eyes?}

So, my question is: does anybody know if a swap partition or sd-ext partition are useful for BB ROMS?
Search tags for this page

android app storage location

android gallery storage path
android sc card app locations
app storage android
the inner workings of a sd card