Inner storage - Am I missing something?

Reader

Reaction score
Well, Motorola specs for the D2G says: MEMORY: up 8 GB on board, 8 GB microSD pre-installed. So, I've understood that there is a total of 16GB.

But, either by using the file app or by using a usb cable connection - all I see is the 8GB sd card and not the inner storage.

Am I missing something? why can't I access the inner storage?

BTW - I am using Verizon original theme, haven't installed a custom rom yet, which do you recommend?

mewshi

Reaction score
You can't access the internal storage of the phone, only the system itself can. You can see how much is left on internal, though, but I am far too lazy to actually remember.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
R

Reader

Reaction score
You can't access the internal storage of the phone, only the system itself can. You can see how much is left on internal, though, but I am far too lazy to actually remember.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Well thats just stupid isn't it? So all my images and MP3 should be saved on the sd card? Well, I guess I'll need to buy a bigger one

Reaction score
Yeah, i think that's some boosh, too. Some file explorer apps (Root Explorer) will allow you to access internal memory and even write to it. And while I assume they would, having never tried it, I don't know if an app would read those files if you did write them internally. And it's under settings/ memory SD card, that shows your available SD and phone memory.