Initial installation help...

12Trice

Reaction score
Where can I find some good instructions to install this? I do everything the CVPCS site says but it won't install properly, just keeps showing the motorola logo.

Do I have to completely unroot/go back to stock before I try to install this? Am I suppose to have a 2.2 kernel before I install this? Would installing 2.1 Sapphire first do the job?

As of now I am simply loading sprecovery, wiping cache, data wipe/factory reset (which doesnt seem to wipe data!?), wiping cache. Then allowing update.zip to be installed and running it. As far as I read that should be it. Am I forgetting one of those assumed to be general knowledge sort of things? Any help would be super appreciated, and if I could have posted this in a better place just let me know. Thank you

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Where can I find some good instructions to install this? I do everything the CVPCS site says but it won't install properly, just keeps showing the motorola logo.

Do I have to completely unroot/go back to stock before I try to install this? Am I suppose to have a 2.2 kernel before I install this? Would installing 2.1 Sapphire first do the job?

As of now I am simply loading sprecovery, wiping cache, data wipe/factory reset (which doesnt seem to wipe data!?), wiping cache. Then allowing update.zip to be installed and running it. As far as I read that should be it. Am I forgetting one of those assumed to be general knowledge sort of things? Any help would be super appreciated, and if I could have posted this in a better place just let me know. Thank you

Maybe try downloading the zip file again, you may possibly have gotten a bad download.

mjones73

Reaction score
You need to wipe data/cache/system.
Install the main Sapphire update.zip.
Install the gapps.zip.
Reboot and enjoy.

With SPR since you can only install a file named update.zip, name the Sapphire rom installer update.zip, install it, mount your SD card to your PC via SPR, rename the current update.zip to something else then rename the gapps.zip to update.zip, unmount the SD Card and install it via SPR.

OP

12Trice

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for answering. I actually didn't do any of these things but it eventually worked. I gave it 15+ minutes every time (4 times) during the motorola logo cycle wednesday night. One of which was 42 minutes, gave up. This morning I turn my phone on and it actually gets to the sapphire boot animation after about 6 minutes on the motorola! The next time I turn it on it gets to the sapphire boot animation quickly, takes another 5 minutes and bam I was in. And I had done nothing, it just took a very long time and a bunch of restarts? I'd say maybe it was corrupted but I have restarted the phone 5+ times now and no problems very fast. Just had issues setting up I suppose...

HERES THE IMPORTANT TIDBIT! Long story short anyone that has issues with the phone appearing bricked or taking a long, by long I mean really long, time to do anything... It may actually be doing something, just don't give up, give it time. It seems rather worth it I am very much enjoying Sapphire.

jayman350

Reaction score
glad it finally worked out for you!

enjoy Sapphire, there are a ton of themes available and more being ported every day. The Sapphire community and Crystal Clear Team is really helpful, IMO one of the more important things about custom roms.