1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

initial help at programming

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by apl3, Feb 11, 2010.

1. apl3

apl3 New Member

Hello
    I just need a bit of info on programming. My phone is rooted I have all the mods needed to access everything here is my question. I primarily want the ability to install themes such as xHERO-2.1 etc. I do not need the abilty to oc my phone or use it as a tether. When I use Metamorph to install said themes apparently they only run on 2.1 I have 2.0.1. I know I have to go to 2.1 I am just unsure with all the versions floating around on the net which exactly I need. Finally by going to 2.1 do i lose my root ability ? I have backed up using Nandroid. I apologize for asking these simple questions but better safe than sorry. I have been reading up on this for weeks.
  2. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Apl,

If you mean 2.1 OTA, then we have threads here. The consensus is that you will loose root, and no one knows how long it could/will take to regain. We've beaten that one down pretty thoroughly.

As to a 2.1 Custom Rom, then I think Sholes is that, but confirmation from them might help (or someone else here).

But, I think metamorph is running on 2.0.1 based roms, but it takes a little more work to get right. Pete's work is certainly 2.0.1 based, and while folks are having issues with MM, I do think there are fixes. Might want to check his dev. section on the other board.

Craig
Search tags for this page

how to get past initial programming for verizon

initial programming for motorola droid x

lg dare root