1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Inherited Bugs Still Of Concern?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Agrajag, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Agrajag

Agrajag New Member

I have an original Droid and it's got to last me for some time yet. It's rooted and I've run a number of ROMs on it including CM6, SS, GPA14 and 15 and others. Of late I'm running Droid Concepts and liking it.

However, I miss some GB features but ended up with the overall feeling and experience many come to--that is that the Droid simply cannot run GB well given its limitations and, added to that, GB had/has some bugs that weren't fixed in these ROMs including some basic functionality like 3G dropping out and other things.

Have the lastest versions (16 and 17) dealt with these issues? In the end I want improved battery life, a rock-solid user experience (everything just works) and that's about it.

Is it time to come back to Peter's ROMs or should I just stay put with DC?
  2. SlammedDime

SlammedDime New Member

Just from my personal experience, both mine and my wife's OG Droids love GPA16. I've been experiementing with different Kernels, but her's is running Pete's LV 1.0GHz and I'm running Chevy's LV 1.0. Her phone was slower than beans (getting sub-300 quadrant scores) on Froyo, and now she's up over 1100. She loves the speed of her phone now, and I love mine as well. I can get around 24 hours off the battery with average use throughout the day (and I use mine for corporate email as well, in an IT department, where I get tons of emails throughout the day).
  3. Agrajag

Agrajag New Member

What about the "known GB bugs" like 3G dropping out?
  4. SlammedDime

SlammedDime New Member

I haven't had any 3G dropouts since going to GPA16 (nor has my wife). I did have them on GPA14 and 15; however.

I honestly can't think of any problems I have had with this build. And my wife hasn't complained about anything either. The only thing I do still have an issue with is the notification light not flashing on missed calls. I think everyone seems to have that issue, but it's not really a big issue for me or the wife; and I wouldn't consider it a show stopper.
  5. Agrajag

Agrajag New Member

hahah. In my case (with DC) I can't turn it OFF and I despise it so that's a good thing for me. Nandroid backup going right now.