1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Infuse Desktop Cradle

Discussion in 'Galaxy S3 Accessories' started by shmuly, Nov 6, 2012.

1. shmuly

shmuly New Member

2. HankB

HankB New Member

I'm interested also. In particular I'm curious if the S3 knows when it is inserted into a dock and if this dock supports that feature. (Coming from a Droid X/Droid RAZR MAXX and both recognize the Moto docks.) I suppose since this is a Samsung dock it should provide full support. I also like the way it works either in portrait of landscape.

Edit: Description on Amazon page states: "Docking automatically puts handset in customizable desktop mode" :)

Edit-2: From an Amazon customer review: "The seller specified in the title that it "charges Galaxy S3" which is true! But!!! It can also damage your USB port because the dock slide is narrow, and the SIII will not slide into it. It will sit unsecured on the dock, and if you move the dock the phone is barely held by the USB port or just fall off in most cases. The horizontal functionality of the Dock is therefore lost." This dock is off my list. Too bad - looks cool
    !
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  3. rlarson_mn

rlarson_mn New Member

I have a Droid X car dock which I removed the dock insert as well as the charging electrical cable so it fit my Razr Maxx. Since selling my Razr Maxx and getting my Galaxy S3 I have tried my old adapted Drod X car dock with my Galaxy S3 and it works just great. The bottom is exposed so the car charger cable works also.
  4. shmuly

shmuly New Member

Answering my own question

I got the dock and it was a bit too narrow. I was able to squeeze it in but it definitely wasn't something I wanted to do on a regular basis.

I had a friend shave off a bit of the side to make it fit. It now works beautifully. I use it on a nightly basis.

Not bad for $5!
Search tags for this page
desk cradle that wil fit razr m
droid razr m fits samsung cradle
galaxy s3 landscape desktop dock

s3 desktop dock