infra red

droidzilla

Reaction score
Was watching CSI and a tech had it on his flip phone he found a kid in the dark
....So where is it at I need it to become a CSI lol........

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Haha, television is different than reality!!! Hah, ehh the closest thing the droid has is a flashlight app that used the camera flash... oh well!

Bimmerjo

Reaction score
Haha, television is different than reality!!! Hah, ehh the closest thing the droid has is a flashlight app that used the camera flash... oh well!

eh, a couple more lines of genius code in that app, and I bet you could turn it into an x-ray vision app ;)

Reaction score
If I am not mistaken, there needs to be a special lens to see into the infrared spectrum.

tcandhatch

Reaction score
Turn on the camera app on your droid x and if you have a wii especially but a tv or anything like that... don't take a pic but yet just look around with the droid x's camera point it at the ir port ;p see a light? now at the same time look with the naked eye it isn't there ? is it lol i noticed this taking video of karaoke on the wii the thing that sits on top of the tv to see the controllers puts out six blue ir beams wickedly enough you can actually see the beam from the side going across the room. try it for yourselves let me know if anyone else has same results eh?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ya its true cameras can see the light emmitted from a remote. I'm a photography major and i should totaly be able to explain the science behind it and why it doesnt translate to infrared imaging... but i forgot...

tappin and a talkin

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can also see the proximity sensor on the front of the screen of a droid handheld if you look at the front of the screen with a camera.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ya its true cameras can see the light emmitted from a remote. I'm a photography major and i should totaly be able to explain the science behind it and why it doesnt translate to infrared imaging... but i forgot...
It is infrared. The sensors are able to pick up infrared. The problem is that the visible spectrum isn't blocked.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ya but even if you had an infrared filter I doubt you'd be able to put together a near infrared image on a camera phone.

tappin and a talkin