INformation on Razr MAXX for Europe

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by inccubus, Feb 17, 2012.

1. inccubus

inccubus New Member

After owning several Motorola devices, which I must say are difficult to get in Belgium, but largely available in the countries surround Belgium (France, UK, Germany.....)
    Buy saying that the RAZR MAxx will not be available in Europe according to Motorola UK.

I would like to find out if buying a RAZR MAXX from the States (second hand or via Verizon) will work in Europe and on the european networks.?
    This means that the RAZR MAXX has to be sim unlocked (as Verizon does not have any towers in Europe)
    The main reason for this is that I am a Freelance and mostly on the road and always need my phone to last without the hassle of always charging it every few hours.

So the big question is IS the MAXX sim locked or not.?
  2. 94lt1

94lt1 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

It is locked. I thought they were going to offer a special edition RAZR exclusively in Europe???? It even has an unlocked boot loader.....I think its called the developers edition.

sent from my RAZR MAXX
  3. inccubus

inccubus New Member

Yes they have released the RAZR DEV edition here in Europe, but not the MAXX, the main reason that interests me is the larger battery,
    But after reading a few articles here there seem to be some problems, And as there are no plans to bring that version to europe which is a pity as it would interest alot of people over here.
    I was looking into getting one from the States. Now it is locked not too sure if it will be worth while, so tweaking the power options on the razr would be the best bet for me then.
    Until of course Motorola decide to change thier minds and bring out the maxx like in June 2012.:mad:
  4. inccubus

inccubus New Member

another question on the same topic.
    As it is difficult for me to get information from verizon or even Motorola USA or UK. Can a kind soul within the forum find out for me if there will be a simfree version of the Maxx available?

As i would buy two straight away.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using DroidForums
Search tags for this page
charging droid max in france
does droid maxx work in europe
does the droid razr work in europe

droid razr maxx europe

droid razr maxx in belhium
how to use my droid razzor maxx hd in belgium
motorola maxx france
razr maxx verizon unlock europe
using a droid razr maxx for wireless in europe