Information for Themers and BBv0.5

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by GirLuvsDroid, Sep 22, 2010.

1. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Since I've been testing the v0.5 betas for a while, and I've ported my own theme to it, I thought I'd give some information. First, the framework has changed and the apps have been updated, so the v0.4 themes won't work without some updating.

The good news is that the services.jar from v0.4 works just fine. Also, in framework-res.apk, the following files from v0.4 can be used: (1) in the drawable folder, the progress_horizontal.xml and, (2) from the layout folder, status_bar.xml, status_bar_expanded.xml and status_bar_latest_event_content.xml. You just need to insert those files into the new framework-res.apk.

#1 GirLuvsDroid, Sep 22, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
  2. Doombot

Doombot New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been using Dark Edge with BB V0.4, but I have a feeling it won't be compatible with 0.5.

Can you list the links to your theme? Thx.

3. GirLuvsDroid

Ratings:
    +1
    No, as I said above, v0.4 themes won't be compatible without some updating. Sorry, my theme is one I did just for me. I've never posted it anywhere.

4. davros

davros Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +33
    Weird that I got my theme to even work.

sent by draining my battery

5. keyblade

keyblade Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So FRG22D themes won't work natively on this (with the exception of themed applications)? I can probably port one of my small themes over that only deals with the framework pretty fast (granted I just use my own themes myself...so far at least).

I'm also assuming I don't need to patch transparency because it seems like the patch notes said the services.jar is already patched.

6. GirLuvsDroid

Ratings:
    +1
    Yes, if you use the v0.5 services.jar, it's already patched. So long as you're using the latest FRG22D apps, then your app themes will be fine.

7. AceDROID

AceDROID Member

Ratings:
    +1
    odd, i put Smoked Glass from Adam (or Adamz) over .5 and it's working without a hiccup.

The only thing I noticed is that when trying to download the twitter app its saying its not signed properly or whatever. Doubt it's a theming issue, it was happening to me before I went from .4 to .5...

8. kook

kook Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Haven't had a chance to apply this theme yet. Is there an option to change status bar/notification colors through settings?

9. bgill55

bgill55 Silver Member
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +8
    .04 themes will work but you will be downgrading as you are putting the old framework back!! make sense????

10. GirLuvsDroid

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm not sure what theme you're referring to, but those options are not available in this ROM.

11. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Also some news that BB 0.5 will NOT work with the Theme Porter due to some failure at an audio lib file, which is really odd. This is sad because I really don't think I want to spend the time doing it by hand. If anyone finds a workaround please PM me...

Only ROM so far that failed the Theme Porter.

12. ACalcutt

ACalcutt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I found all the xml changes i make more difficult with BB 0.5. Usually i just made the changes with a hex editor, but it seems either the hex values i used to search for are gone, or there were more then I expected.

I actually had to decompile with apk manager, change the xml files, and recompile them this time (where before i could just make the changes i wanted with hxd and put them into the old apk)

Also, does anyone know how to copy stuff into /data/app with an update.zip? I ended up just putting the apps in /system/app because i couldn't seem to get the update.zip to write to data.

#12 ACalcutt, Sep 23, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2010