1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Infinite Reboot loop

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by sunsetIE, Aug 13, 2012.

1. sunsetIE

sunsetIE New Member

Ive had my Droid charge for less than a year,recently it has been using a crazy amount of battery power, to the point that i have had to charge it 3 times a day, and it will be close to dead after only a few hours of normal use(texting,facebook,winamp, words with friends, instagram). I do not stream anything or tether and use the built in app monitor widget to kill programs that aren't being used.

Today for no reason i can determine, it decided to reboot itself multiple times,each time successfully loading and finished "scanning the SD card", but would then freeze and reboot itself. I pulled the battery and let it sit for about an hour, then it continued to reboot usually freezing at the droid "eye". I then factory reset it and it seemed to be functioning correctly and then all the sudden it went back into rebooting non stop. Now it loads the Samsung logo, freezes and reboots it self over and over.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or perhaps have some advice on how to rectify it before i hurl this hunk of plastic against the wall and go buy a new phone?
  2. tkopta

tkopta New Member

Return it if possible. Mine did that after the 2.3.6 update and needs reset. If that failed u I'm not sure what else you could do.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Droid Forums
  3. sunsetIE

sunsetIE New Member

Well i yelled at customer service loud enough that they will be sending me a brand new non refurbished charge, hopefully this doesn't happen again.
  4. tkopta

tkopta New Member

That's nice. I keep getting "like new" certified crap

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Droid Forums
  5. Loopz

Loopz New Member

My phone started doing this a couple of weeks ago! I did the factory reset (which erased all of my apps and texts) and now whenever I am on Facebook, using my map or sending messages with friends my battery drains in a matter of minutes. I am not due for an upgrade until next year and i do not have money to buy a new phone, but I am scared that my phone is just gonna stop working one of these days. Don't know what to do >:-(
  6. englishyankee

englishyankee New Member

Rebooting ALL day!

My Droid Charge has been rebooting non-stop since at least 9:00 am this morning, probably all night. Can't do a thing with it at all. It's been doing this for months now (had it since Jan) but not to this extent. Usually does it in the morning and then it's ok after a few battery pulls. It's rebooting as I type. I have removed the battery over and over but haven't done a factory reset as I don't want to lose all my apps. I downloaded a Verizon software update this morning, too, and it's been a nightmare since.
Search tags for this page

droid charge boot loop

droid charge infinite loop

droid charge reboot loop

droid charge restarting itself

droid charge stuck in boot loop
droid charge stuck on samsung logo
droid pro keeps cycling through droid
hard reset samsung infinite

samsung charge boot loop

samsung charge stuck boot loop

samsung droid charge boot loop