Inexpensive Desktop Dock

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Accessories' started by Ricerocket, Jun 6, 2012.

1. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +22
    I bought similar and found this...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.redsulfur.razrdock&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd

I
    nstall that, setup a Smart Actions for (trigger) "charging, wall adapter" and run (action) "launch application" the Razr Dock ap.. When you drop the Droid 4 on the dock it will fire up the dock mode (bedside mode). It's easier to get on / off than the official dock because that uses both the HDMI and USB connection.

2. wkearney99

wkearney99 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Yeah, the dock mode triggering isn't the issue, it's the USB connection. The factory dock is a bit too tight and there's no guidance on dropping the unit into it. So you have to put more effort into lining it up properly and pushing it down on to the connection. Then you have the hold the dock and pull the phone back up off the dock. This SUCKS compared to the previous D1-3 docks. Those made it a lot easier to use the dock.

The aftermarket unit I picked up is even WORSE. It has the ability to line the phone up better, but the USB connector is even tighter than the factory plug.

Search tags for this page
how to make hyperion cradle recognized as a dock by s4

hyperion standard dock for motorola droid 4