Individual Ringtones

john_from_ict

Reaction score
Has anyone been successful assigning different ringtones to your contacts? I have tried using Mabilo ringtones and still just get the default ringtone...how do I edit the contacts myself to assign ringtones. I did it using my Droid, but haven't figured out the Fascinate yet.

focuspuller

Reaction score
Easy to Add Ringtones to Contacts

Get to the edit your contact area for the contact you want to add a ringtone to.

Scroll down to "Additional Info" press the little ">" on the right. When it points down you can scroll to the ringtone part and add whatever ringtone.

Hope this helps.

greg72

Reaction score
If you create the contact on the phone the option is there. If you are trying to do it with your google contacts it is not. Kind of annoying. I wish it would throw your google contacts in the phone phone book. You have a lot more options in there.

focuspuller

Reaction score
Ok I tride this and didnt have an option for ringtones.

Once you open "additional info" in edit contacts you need to scroll down past the following: date, anniversary, nickname, website, notes... then comes "call handling" - "ringtone" with a down arrow on the right...open and you will be able to add a ringtone.

greg72

Reaction score
The thing that annoys me is there is not "send to voicemail" option like on the Droids. Also the fact that you assign the ringtone directly within the google contact you have to add it to the phone. Hopefully it will be treated differently when ever we get Froyo.

greg72

Reaction score
I have an "add more fields" but no "additional Info" When I click the Add more fields I see nickname, Postal Address, Web Address, Birthday, Anniversary, Note. Thats it. If I click Ringtone I have the choice of either Default or phone and nowhere in there does it say send to voicemail. I've looked both on phone contacts and google contacts to no avail.

str8havoc

Reaction score
Wow this is crazy. I had to go into my cantacts, add a new contact under the phone option. Put in the same name i want to change the ring tone for and it automaticlly linked it to my other contacts with the same name.

OP
J

john_from_ict

Reaction score
I never realized that the google contacts were not automatically merged with the phone contacts...got it now...thanks!!!

flowers234

Reaction score
How are you guys posting threads because I don't see any button where I can do that?

I bought a ringtone and it tells me it's in my Music Download Inbox. This phone comes with no real helpful booklet so I have no idea where this music inbox is.

ironman77

Reaction score
assigning Ringtones on Fascinate

Has anyone been successful assigning different ringtones to your contacts? I have tried using Mabilo ringtones and still just get the default ringtone...how do I edit the contacts myself to assign ringtones. I did it using my Droid, but haven't figured out the Fascinate yet.

Here is a really simple way of getting your ringtones to assign to your contacts with out creating a new contact just simply using your google sync. I have tried this and it works great.

Check it out here: Custom ringtones and notifications | Android Central

hdarling

Reaction score
This took me forever to figure out, but finally did through some other forum threads.

If you go to my files on app page, you should see a list of the ringtones sites where you have downloaded ringtones. go into the one you want and the songs are listed there. hit the menu button on bottom of phone & go to "more". then press "copy" & choose songs you want to move. click "copy" on bottom. then open "ringtone" file & press "paste here". then you can go into your contacts & choose whatever song you want for each person.

hope that helps.