Individual Custom Ringtones

rfranken

Reaction score
I think i know what to do if I missed this already in the thread sorry.

But, I have had problems like this too. What you have to do is SEARCH for the contact in Gmail contacts and you will find the local contact that you put on your phone.

Then you will have to put what "Group" you want it in. It's like making sure that they are in "My Contacts". I've had this problems many times. Hopes this works.

I've had multiple contacts of the same person because of it. Makes it difficult to update sometimes

has anyone else tried this? I'm not sure how to go about trying what he suggested.

anrichardson

Reaction score

But, I have had problems like this too. What you have to do is SEARCH for the contact in Gmail contacts and you will find the local contact that you put on your phone.

Then you will have to put what "Group" you want it in. It's like making sure that they are in "My Contacts". I've had this problems many times. Hopes this works.

I've had multiple contacts of the same person because of it. Makes it difficult to update sometimes

has anyone else tried this? I'm not sure how to go about trying what he suggested.

If you add contact on your phone, it is local, but you wont find it in your Contacts in Gmail. So you have to "Search" for contact in Gmail. Then you will see it. Click on contact after searching and click on the "Groups" button at the top of the contact and make sure you have "My Contacts" is definitely selected. Then you will finally see it in Gmail Contacts and Local Phone.

acroyle

Reaction score

If you add contact on your phone, it is local, but you wont find it in your Contacts in Gmail. So you have to "Search" for contact in Gmail. Then you will see it. Click on contact after searching and click on the "Groups" button at the top of the contact and make sure you have "My Contacts" is definitely selected. Then you will finally see it in Gmail Contacts and Local Phone.

Yeah, I tried that first and the ringtones still didn't work. That is when I tried deleting all of them and manually entering them into the phone and that didn't work.

rfranken

Reaction score

Gmail syncs them automatically for me. I don't need to mess with groups or my contacts. If i add a contact on my phone...within a minute its in my contacts on gmail

anrichardson

Reaction score

Gmail syncs them automatically for me. I don't need to mess with groups or my contacts. If i add a contact on my phone...within a minute its in my contacts on gmail

On this rom it does for me too, it must be cause it is AOSP contacts. But on most other roms I've used, my local contact was never in my Gmail contact unless I searched for it and made sure it was in right Group. This rom takes care of it perfectly for me.

I don't know if it was a blur thing or what. But this rom kicks butt.

rfranken

Reaction score
i think its a google thing. my contacts sync whether i'm stock or in a rom.

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I spent some time on that yesterday and replaced all related pieces out of the framework.jar... still didn't work though...

Will work on it again Monday.... got the kids this weekend and on top of that, its playoffs weekend

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

acroyle

Reaction score
Sounds good, and thanks for all your work. This rom is awesome. Love the color scheme too being a Huge Steelers fan!

Growler48

Reaction score
Mine works intermittently. Can't figure out what triggers it to work, then not work. It doesn't work more than it does work.

thahandyman

Reaction score
i hear ya growler... ive tried uninstalling all non essential apps thinking maybe one of them was affecting it... tried using a lot of different apps from market and nothing has made it consistently work. i will get it to custom ring 2-3 times a row and think ive won but then it will just go back to default again. its something with being non blur, because darkslide blur version it worked fine, but darkslide blurless, rubix, gummyjar and now liberty have all had custom ringtones not working

Big Fate

Reaction score
Good thing I read this thread, was just about to flash and came across this... Need my customs working lol... I'll check back to see if this is working soon.

vtecduck

Reaction score
i hear ya growler... ive tried uninstalling all non essential apps thinking maybe one of them was affecting it... tried using a lot of different apps from market and nothing has made it consistently work. i will get it to custom ring 2-3 times a row and think ive won but then it will just go back to default again. its something with being non blur, because darkslide blur version it worked fine, but darkslide blurless, rubix, gummyjar and now liberty have all had custom ringtones not working

I have had good luck with darkslide blurless so far. It will ring the default every now and then, but plays the custom one more often then not.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

anrichardson

Reaction score
Has anybody tried using Wy Contacts instead of AOSP contacts? I have not. I can live without custom ringtones. Just wondering if anybody has tried using it.