Indecisive

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by thelion, Jul 14, 2010.

1. thelion

thelion New Member

See...now you all are making me skeptical.

I was all set to go and get my X ordered and have it at my house on Friday. Now I am reading (which is usually a bad idea) and you made me doubt me.

Am I really just going to be getting a large Droid? Because if it is just a plus size Droid, I'm not feeling it and I will wait for a year or so for something real big to come out.

There ain't a thing wrong with my Droid and I have free range at this point to upgrade as my heart desires so...whatcha think?

I might root....I have a custom rom now but...meh. I don't really do anything with a rooted phone. But I really really like the screen.

Is it worth giving up my courtesy uprade for a Plus Size Droid? Or is this one truly something new?
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I'm not getting one. I Don't need to have every phone that comes out.
  3. thelion

thelion New Member

For me it is not so much that it is new and allegedly awesome. It is that my Droid is giving me the same effing drama that the last several have - and I refuse to put up with that if there is a better option.

But only if there IS a better option. I would look at DInc but..the appeal is lost when I have to pay for a phone and then wait 4 weeks.
  4. smokiedabong

smokiedabong New Member

Translation : 2 year contract :laugh:
  5. SHWELL

SHWELL New Member

I see it as an improvement in Screen Size, and processing power... And also a conversation piece that shuts the mouths of the Iphone Fanclub at gatherings.

As usual, there will be something that comes out within 12 months from the same manufacturer that will prob blow this out the water or simply improve on certain limitations..
  6. ctxx24

ctxx24 New Member

OR pay 70 more and get a 1 year contract :):)
  7. mig991

mig991 New Member

I am coming from a Dare and am very excited about this phone. I looked at every phone out there as my contract is UP and I can go anywhere.

Went to Sprint and played with the '4G' Evo, I live in B-more (a 4G area) and was 2 feet from the window in the store and the 4G did not work. Really wanted an IPhone but with the very real antenna issue and the carrier being AT&T, plus plan price being a huge deal, that was a no go.

With Verizon you pay a little more but you get exceptional service so this was in their favor. I read a ton of wonderful things about the DInc, but if you cant your hands on one, and the battery is garbage, I just couldn't do it.

This may be an odd reason but Flash 10.1 means a lot to me, as half of the sites I visit use it. Flash lite is just not universal enough for me. I have 30 days to play with it or it is back to the Dare and then wait for the Verizon IPhone.
  8. ctxx24

ctxx24 New Member

Iphone blahhhh such a ugly word...
  9. thelion

thelion New Member

Ok. Decision made. I leafed through the leaked manual and...other than camera and screen size...there ain't a dang thing this phone can do that my Droid can't.

I am sure it is going to rock - but I'll hold out and use my comped upgrade when something really different hits. Until then, I get to deal with awesome Droid with not-so-awesome voice quality. Thanks guys :)
  10. paul89

paul89 New Member

Ya that's a lie, there is a lot more things that the X can do over the original droid! I'm not gonna sit here and make a lsit, but if you want me too I will!
  11. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

HDMI out is one :)
  12. Schimm

Schimm New Member

Went from a Dare to the Droid.....of course the Droid is in a different league. Played with the X today and I'm smitten again. The iPhone is built on overblown reputation. I've got an itouch and hate the sea of icons on the screen. Android gives you a real desktop that's customizable while the iPhone is customizable only by folders. Old tech v. New tech. You won't be sorry going android.

/end unabashed android fan rant. dancedroid
  13. thelion

thelion New Member

Paul, with every review I have read, the manual I looked through and all that - I cannot find anything other than that I mentioned. Oh and HDMI out..which is useless to me.

So, I'll stick with my Droid and wait for the next release to see if I want to use that one.