Incredible vs. X

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I haven't had reboots so that could be a bad phone.

Try a dialer app. If that helps, the UI truely needs redoing. Or Froyo...lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

razmataz92

Reaction score
ok im debating on these phones and i have one last question. i heard the inc. screen has issues in the sunlight, you cant see it at all. is the droid x like that also or is it improved. cause the one thing i liked about my tour was that i could see the screen perfectly in the sunlight.

CCMDOc

Reaction score
ok im debating on these phones and i have one last question. i heard the inc. screen has issues in the sunlight, you cant see it at all. is the droid x like that also or is it improved. cause the one thing i liked about my tour was that i could see the screen perfectly in the sunlight.

I have both, though not both activated at the same time.

To answer your question, the X's screen is much better in direct sunlight, no question.

I re-activated my Incredible and am probably going to either return my X or sell it on Ebay. The aspects that are most important to me are better on the Incredible than the X, though there are aspects on the X such as the screen in sunlight and call quality that are better than the Incredible.

Good luck,
Paul

razmataz92

Reaction score
I have both, though not both activated at the same time.

To answer your question, the X's screen is much better in direct sunlight, no question.

I re-activated my Incredible and am probably going to either return my X or sell it on Ebay. The aspects that are most important to me are better on the Incredible than the X, though there are aspects on the X such as the screen in sunlight and call quality that are better than the Incredible.

Good luck,
Paul

thanks a lot. i guess i have to go check it out to see if i can live with the huge size. if not ill be waiting for the droid 2

razmataz92

Reaction score
i just checked it out its HUGE way bigger than i expected wow. now im leaning more toward the incredible...

NADA918

Reaction score
ya watch a movie on the x a thing of beauty

What movies are people watching? everything I have opened up seems to be extremely blurry.. Blockbuster app is prolly the only thing that comes in clear..

6thgear

Reaction score
^^ i was going to get the incredible but the x's huge screen made it worth it. make sure to change the screen res to 854x480 and convert to avi, i've experimented with different formats mpeg4, quicktime, dv, and avi works the smoothest and fastest.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
The X uses 1 ghz TI CPU and the Incredible uses the Snapdragon. I don't know how or why, but the incredible is NOTICEABLY faster. I don't know if its the snapdragon CPU or the HTC Sense UI, but all animations, scrolling, everything loads faster and smoother on the Incredible. Dont get me wrong, the X is still fast, but if we are going to compare, the incredible is faster.

This has GOT to be a software issue on the X, as spec-for-spec; the chipset in the X basically smokes the Snapdragon. The GPU is ridiculously more poweful (far better OpenGL capabilities) and the 45nm manufacturing process has allowed TI to speed up the whole OMAP chipset appreciably. The Incredible might be faster now, but a simple software update may fix this. And as far as 3D capabilities, the Inc. will never be a match, the hardware simply isn't capable enough.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^Its Sense UI.

The browser on the Inc is Sense UI based. Home Screen scrolling is Sense UI based. The lock screen is Sense UI based.....

Loading big apps, like HR Battle 3D, Google Maps....will give a good indicator of the hardware on the phones. Do some multi tasking on the phones to test the hardware on the phones.

Seeing as this phone has been released a little over a week ago, I think the X has some growing pains leeway.....Like one person had a slow X that the Sd Card was the problem. She took it out and everything was alot better. She might have had a bad SD Card.

Last edited: