Incredible vs. EVO 4G

gatorbait

Reaction score
i think it's funny how a few years ago the craze was all about which phone was the smallest, now we are going back the opposite way again. i think the HTC Incredible is the perfect size. it feels great in my hands and in my pocket.
It's funny that you say that because I got so caught up in hype of getting a smartphone that I forgot how much I love smaller phones. I originally picked up the Droid in November as my first smartphone, and then I put a case on it for various reasons (battery cover was easily opened in pocket, etc). The thing was an absolute brick in my pocket! Depending on the pair of pants I was wearing, you could clearly see the outline of the phone, and I had to take the phone out of my pocket every chance I had when sitting down.

I realized I didn't really use the external keyboard, so I jumped on the idea of getting the Incredible when it came out just because of how much thinner/lighter it was. Now I rock the Incredible without a cover and I'm perfectly happy.

Aluminum21

Reaction score
My friends were telling me how huge they thought the screen for this phone was. I think thus screen size is as big as it should get before becoming a problem

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Unless you live in a big city and do not plan on traveling too much, 4G is a pipedream ATM. You will likely have that sweet display and trying to play a Flash vid on it, and waiting for it to load, while someone sitting near you is watching streaming vids with no problem on their Inc or Droid on Verizon ;)

Seriously, Sprint 3G or above coverage is near weak levels of Tmo, which is terrible for coverage- unless in a bigger city. Even then, a lot of cities are only partially covered with high speed data access.

BTW, the HD2 has touch problems and is very slow in response time, compared to Desire and Inc. It will be interesting to see if they updated the sensors, like they did with those devices (they use the Nexus display with much better sensors).

What is the point of the great device and 4G- if it will take two years to have even a decent footprint of coverage? Are people assuming Sprint has the same highspeed data footprint as Verizon?

Verizon footprint = Lebron James foot
Sprint footprint = Verne Troyer foot (Mini me)
Tmo Footprint = Verne Troyer's big toe

No... I have to disagree your statements they simply aren't true AT ALL.

I used Sprint up until last year and was tethering and enjoying 3G coverage with the Mogul back in 2006. The Sprint network is just about (if not as big) as Verizon. Even if you can't get a 4G signal with the EVO you can still access 3G and you can stream video just fine.

I'm typing this on a computer tethered to my Droid just like I did with my Mogul, and my old iPhone. I can tell you my AT&T 3G was slightly faster (not by a huge margin) and my Sprint and Verizon 3G speeds are about the same.

I'm tempted to go for the EVO and use 4G (here in DC).

With the EVO you get 3G just like everyone else, but you also have the advantage of using 4G if your area supports it. It works well for me because my home area has 4G. And the Sprint network has great coverage like Verizon. I travel atleast monthly and have used Verizon and Sprint all around the US... you can't loose with either. FWIW AT&T coverage is worthless in comparison though.

Last edited:

kmo

Reaction score
The bigger screen on the EVO will be nice for viewing but I think it's starting to be borderline to big for my taste. I'm sure it will be a very nice device though. It will be fun the next few months watching all the new phones arrive on the marketplace.