Incredible UI on a Droid X

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by Spfireman, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Spfireman

Spfireman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello All,

i just joined so dont kill me for posting in the wrong place. Have a few questgions

1. Looking for A UI thats like the one on the incredible that i can put on my X. the droid X interface is no where as nice as the incredible. I like the weather on the incredible plus even more is the email application. very useful for someone that uses it for business.

2. if there is no way to get what i am asking above then is there a good weather theme that is similar to the incredible.

3. looking for a more robust email app. that will work with exchange. the Icredible had a view for unread email. can seem to do this on the X.

thanks all

2. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    At this moment, with the locked bootloader, you are unable to get anything like that on the X. In due time, if they unlock the X's bootloader, then I could see them porting sense UI over to the X.

For now, you can try apps like Beautiful Widgets or Weather and Toggle Widgets. Both are skinable widgets like the Incredible's weather.

The email I'm not so sure about, though one app I hear recommended a lot is K 9 Mail. Might want to look into it.

3. Spfireman

Spfireman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks bud. I really hope this is available. i am contemplateing returning my X for the incredible but i dont want to lose speed and memory. I didnt realize how nice the UI was for the Incredible until i got the X

4. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would just keep the X. In due time, you will be able to theme it, so you will be able to pick what your phone looks like. OMAP processors are known for better over clocking capability (see below). Also the screen size is going to be a good size down. The Incredible UI is no more than a theme and a launcher, for the most part.

Now for overclocking, OMAPs usually can overclock better. The Nexus One/DI, running a Snapdragon processor at 1Ghz stock, are only stable overclocked to around 1.13Ghz, while the Droid 1, running at 550Mhz stock (though the chip is rated for 600Mhz) has been overclocked all the way to 1.4Ghz. The OMAP in the Droid X is a newer updated version, and with the newer memory in the phone it performs better than most other phones out.

I would just keep it for now, and if you are still unsatisfied before your 30 days return period is up, then you can turn it in for a DInc.

5. spugemaster

spugemaster Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Check out sweeter home. No idea if it works on the X but I'm sure if it does it takes better advantage of the resolution then the stock super-sized widgets. When I saw the X in the store I was pretty turned off that it looks like it's for people with vision problems.

Search tags for this page
droid ui

droid x interface change

how do i change the ui on a droid x
how to change the ui on droid x