Incredible slides to the right on its own

mfield68

Reaction score
Just curious is anyone is having a problem with the incredible seeming to have a mind of its own. When i set the phone down, it constantly slides the screen all the way to the right. I have to fight it to get it back to the home screen and then it does it again. I also try to type text messages and it will not let me because it constantly highlights the send button before i can even type. Its funny, i never had any problems with this phone until i did the update for it! very furstrating! I would appreciate any help anyone can give me! Thanks all!

OP
M

mfield68

Reaction score
im guessing that means a new phone, i really dont want to deal with a refurb.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
On my old Omnia after any update or adding some apps would make the phone quirky.what I'm reading is some apps are not froyo ready. Possibly force kill apps one at a time and see if it stops. Beats the heck out of a refurb. Maybe a hard reset would be easier?

sent from my Incredible via Tapatalk

Ving

Reaction score
is it still within the warranty period? If not, you could try fixing it yourself? It's either the trackpad or maybe it's a malfunction with the ribbon cable?

OP
M

mfield68

Reaction score
thanks for all your replies, i appreciate it...i have only had it since june so it should be within the warranty period...which task killer do you guys think is the best to have? also, how do i do a hard reset on my phone? do i have to take it into a verizon store to have that done? kinda new to the smart phones, thanks all!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You don't really need a.task killer as you can go to settings, apps, manage apps, force close any you want.
Master reset, go to settings, SD and memory and at the bottom is a reset to choice. It will wipe your phone back to out of the box so make sure and sync before you do it and any apps you paid for should be able to be backed up with a number of free apps.
If you want an app killer Advanced Task Killer is an excellent one.

sent from my Incredible via Tapatalk