Incredible ships with FroYo?

HelloOthello

Reaction score
My first post! :happy:

I'm really looking forward to upgrading my phone, and I really like the Incredible. I've heard all the woes about installing 2.2 on it manually, including MORE battery issues :icon_eek: Just asking if the DI's were shipping from Verizon with Froyo pre-installed, because that would be really nice.

And if anyone was wondering, the only other phone I was considering was the LG Ally.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I'm really looking forward to upgrading my phone, and I really like the Incredible. I've heard all the woes about installing 2.2 on it manually, including MORE battery issues :icon_eek: Just asking if the DI's were shipping from Verizon with Froyo pre-installed, because that would be really nice.

And if anyone was wondering, the only other phone I was considering was the LG Ally.

Despite what you may read on the internet, there is no reason why battery life would get worst with Froyo. Battery life with any smart phone in the Android world is poor at best.

Remember, you are not going to see happy people saying "my battery life is fine" in these forums. There's a few but more people will complain when they perceive something wrong then those who have no issues at all.

Whether 2.2 is preinstalled or not won't make a difference. It's still the same OS.

And by the way, :welcome: to the Forum.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The Incredible now ships with Froyo. So you will be good to go.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Despite what you may read on the internet, there is no reason why battery life would get worst with Froyo. Battery life with any smart phone in the Android world is poor at best.

Remember, you are not going to see happy people saying "my battery life is fine" in these forums. There's a few but more people will complain when they perceive something wrong then those who have no issues at all.

Whether 2.2 is preinstalled or not won't make a difference. It's still the same OS.

And by the way, :welcome: to the Forum.

And actually if it has Froyo pre-installed this means it will have the upgraded radio that does help with battery llife.

OP
HelloOthello

HelloOthello

Reaction score
THANK YOU EVERYONE :D

And the reason I was saying the battery thing, hookstermanbill, is because of the two people I know that have an Incredible, both have commented on strange battery issues with 2.2. But advice taken :happy:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That might be they still use task killers after update, something that hurts battery performance with froyo

wified from my monolith using a slider keypad