Incredible screen time-out not functioning

CaelanAegana

Reaction score
For the last day or two my Incredible has been acting strange. The screen will all of a sudden come on, and then refuse to time out. Resetting the phone seems to make this go away temporarily, but I've had a couple of times where this has happened and I wasn't aware (i.e. in my pocket), and the battery would of course die in short order.

The only thing new I've done to my phone in the last few days is installed a couple of app updates (Kindle, Walgreens and some free games) and the new Swype beta that is out.

I saw someone on another forum saying it was the Froyo update but I've had Froyo since I got the phone 2 weeks ago and haven't had any problems before the last 24-48 hours. Right now my biggest suspect is Swype; will probably try to uninstall it soon.

Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
For the last day or two my Incredible has been acting strange. The screen will all of a sudden come on, and then refuse to time out. Resetting the phone seems to make this go away temporarily, but I've had a couple of times where this has happened and I wasn't aware (i.e. in my pocket), and the battery would of course die in short order.

The only thing new I've done to my phone in the last few days is installed a couple of app updates (Kindle, Walgreens and some free games) and the new Swype beta that is out.

I saw someone on another forum saying it was the Froyo update but I've had Froyo since I got the phone 2 weeks ago and haven't had any problems before the last 24-48 hours. Right now my biggest suspect is Swype; will probably try to uninstall it soon.

Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

Have you checked Settings/Display/Screen timeout? Mine is always set for two minutes, but you have a range from 15 seconds to 30 minutes. Try choosing a different length of ime and see if that resolves your problem.

-Mike

PS. If you're rooted, stay away from all OTA updates. They mess with your phone.

Last edited:
OP
C

CaelanAegana

Reaction score
Settings

Yes, despite the fact that many people miss this sort of thing, I did double, triple and septuple-check my settings. I have the screen timeout set for 1 minute. It works when I restart the phone but eventually it gets messed up again.

My phone's not rooted.