Incredible Problems after Upgrade -- Help

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I can see where this thread is going and will issue the warning now. Tone it down and keep it civil. I'm not directing this at anyone specific. I will say I don't find it amusing when profanity is deemed "acceptable" because one asterisk is used in place of a letter. I won't continue to change those. I will issue infractions.

I understand the frustration and don't like being what some deem overly hard, but I know how these threads digress and am stopping this one where it is. Ask questions and the members (and Verizon members that are here) will give their advice as they can.

Telling someone they are full of it will not garner sympathy or support. It will cause attacks and issues. Don't do that.

Now I will be watching this closely. For those with issues with the phone after the update, if it still is acting slow or wrong, take it into a local Verizon store. Make them run a new one with 2.2 on it side by side. If you can show them it is operating faster than yours, you have your argument for replacement.

As far as battery times, yes, they are down on Froyo. The charging times are up. They slowed down the charging process to try to fix the battery issue. They were shooting for less heat and more thorough charging. It appears they were wrong. So there will be other fixes tried, I'm sure.

By the way, turning off 3G ALWAYS saved the battery. With the 3G, when using it, it sucks the battery down. Then not using 3G, it is constantly searching for the signal. If the service isn't as strong, the phone exerts more energy looking for a solid 3G signal. Wifi will be less on the battery when possible.

How about this, I deleted my post and you can edit the post that quoted me. If you want to run your forum like a 3rd grade class room, then so be it. I wont post on this forum.

I dont want your sympathy or anyone elses sympathy. I was stating facts and truth. If you cant handle that, then maybe you shouldnt be running a forum!

You're not stating fact and truth. You and a few others are stating experiences with your individual phones and telling everyone else they are wrong. That's not the case.

As far as treating this like a 3rd grade forum, if you want a more adult forum, feel free to look elsewhere. We are serious about how people conduct themselves on here to keep the forum informative and not a flamefest. That is a simple fact.

jbragan

Reaction score
certainly take off any taskmasters. They do not work with the 2.2 version. I did a factory reset and gradually loaded apps. works fine now.

jdmisoulis

Reaction score
2.2 update

my phone is working fine after the update. to be honest i saw my phone increase in speed compared to when it was @ 2.1. my phone felt sluggish at first but i think it was because i had a lot of apps that were updated to 2.2 while my phone was on 2.1. only thing i have noticed is that a lot more apps tend to auto start with out permission. i have been using the advanced task killer by RECHILD and have it to auto kill at screen off. the battery charge problem that some people are reporting has not affected me, then again this is my first smart phone so i always carry a charge cabel where ever i go.

zMd113

Reaction score
I lost all my music because of this stupid upgrade! Along with my custom ringtones.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Interesting read...

The 2.2 update killed my Sirius XM App so that now it just replays every 30 seconds to a minute in a loop driving me batty. I've tried uninstalling the app, rebooting, and then reinstalling the app and it still does the same thing.

Google Listen couldn't find my Gmail Account until I uninstalled the app, rebooted, and then reinstalled the app. Now it works fine.

As for Battery life, really? You actually had battery life before the update? Interesting. Maybe I just use my phone way too much, but I've NEVER gotten more than 4 hours use out of it. I use to carry 3 batteries until I found an extended battery on Ebay. The battery that comes with the Droid Incredible is 3.7V 1300 mAh. The battery for the EVO 4G/6200/6300 is 3.7V 3500mAh and works great in my Droid. The only problem is that you have to use a larger back, but I get through the entire day with one charge and most of the night. With that being said, those of you who are complaining about battery life, it is time to give up on Smart Phones, because there is no battery life with them. You want to switch to the iPhone? LOL Good luck. That battery will last 3 hours and you cannot change it. No thank you. I'll stick with my Droid.

Now something good about the update? My cell signal improved a little bit. That was my main problem with the phone was a poor signal strength, but now I've got 2-3 bars where I didn't have any before.

The idea about taking the phone back to factory and installing each app is a good one. If you are really having major problems, maybe it's something you installed and not the update.

Good Luck. Oh ya, go ahead and switch to the iPhone. I "Dare" you! LOL

zMd113

Reaction score
I lost all my music because of this stupid upgrade! Along with my custom ringtones.

As of now it's working again. I had to install the 2.2 HTC sync that came with the new 2.2 upgrade, which I didn't know I was suppose to do.

schoust

Reaction score
When yay you had to install it how did yo it? Did you have to go to htc and download it?? I just had the upgrade pushed lat week and have not been able to sync at all??