Incredible Problems after Upgrade -- Help

Discussion in 'Droid Incredible Tech Support' started by jojo1, Sep 6, 2010.

1. jojo1

jojo1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My Verizon [COLOR=#812528! important][COLOR=#812528! important]Droid[/COLOR][/COLOR] Incredible had been working perfectly for the past six months. A week ago I was automatically upgraded to 2.2, and all of a sudden several [COLOR=#812528! important][COLOR=#812528! important]applications[/COLOR][/COLOR] have stopped working. Most problematically, my Task Killer does not work properly, and several apps (such as Google Navigation and the radio feature for MLB Baseball) keep running (and draining battery) even after I try to close them using the Task Killer. (Sometimes they also prevent the phone from turning off the screen, further draining battery). I called customer service and they were useless, telling me that Verizon was not responsible if apps didn't work or not, and I should contact the manufacturer of the app.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem? (I too have had [COLOR=#812528! important][COLOR=#812528! important]Skype[/COLOR][/COLOR] and other apps I don't want continuously open, but that doesn't bother me quite as much as having apps that I want to close continuously run).

2. michaelrc51

michaelrc51 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same problem since mine did the update

3. kalor

kalor New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I bought my Incredible the day it came out and loved it ever since. Until the Froyo update came out. Now, it doesn't charge or hold a charge (overnight charging gets it to maybe 50% (still yellow) and that lasts about 30 minutes if not in use.

So basically, this update has turned my awesome phone into a paper weight. Even when plugged in.

What a disaster for Verizon. I rely on my phone for my business and this is killing me. I was told by tech support they would need to send me a new phone, but I seriously doubt it is the phone since it worked absolutely perfectly until that update came out. I'm getting second thoughts on Verizon and the Incredible.

4. schoon

schoon Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It always blows my mind when people come on forums and vent their frustrations and say they are going to leave Verizon and {Insert Phone here}. Go ahead, pay the fee or just get another phone, it's really not a big deal. The majority of people are fine with the 2.2 update and have no problems, in fact, they are so happy they don't even post here. It's well known that the reason most technical forums seem so negative is that the majority of people who post are ticked off about something.

If you'd like us to try to help please be more specific about what your problem is. Versions would be helpful. Maybe it is hardware, maybe you need a new phone and it was just a coincidence. I'm pretty sure Verizon doesn't read these forums and most of us are just here because we love our phones and want to help others if we can.

Good luck with your issue and maybe your new iphone?

5. kalor

kalor New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry for violating your guidelines schoon, I didn't know this was your site. I'm sure not the only one that has had this happen to, and I'm only posting to help others know that it is a common problem. It sure would be an amazing coincidence that my perfect phone stopped working the very minute I was sent the update. But yea, you're probably right. Or not. Glad you're so concerned about my phone choice whereas you feel the need to reply to my own frustration. I don't think you can help, and I wasn't looking for your help. Just letting others know that the battery kill is a very, very, very common problem with this update. Please forgive me if my post was not worthy of your viewing.

6. schoon

schoon Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Gee, and I thought i was being nice about it. I gave you several suggestions in there. Take em or leave em, I guess you leave them. It's just as much your forum as it is mine.

7. staceywiz

staceywiz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    same problem, what s the fix??

8. alexdeluxe

alexdeluxe New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The task killer isn't supposed to work and there is a thread about it.

9. staceywiz

staceywiz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    upgrade problems

Sorry, was talking about the problems since upgrading--especially email issues and battery drain. I am losing my emails.

10. jojo1

jojo1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Here's the latest -- I like to run the MLB At Bat app, that enables you to listen to the radio broadcast of games. The only way I have been able to figure out how to shut off the radio broadcast now is to go into Settings, Applications, Running Programs, etc., to shut it down. And, for some reason, after I've run the app -- and even after I've shut it down -- the automatic backlight down (after 1 minutes, or whatever I've set it to) no longer works, and the backlight on the phone stays on until I turn the phone off and on again.

11. jkhonea

jkhonea Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +20
    Pull the task killer off the phone. Entirely. Then try a full, hard reset. To take it back to out of box condition. Then start reinstalling apps slowly. Between the task killer and apps, you have something not playing well with the 2.2 programming. Not all apps have been brought up to date to work with 2.2 and that will cause problems, including extreme battery usage.

12. Chillenout

Chillenout New Member

Ratings:
    +0

Sorry to say, but every single issue you're having since the 2.2 update is all in your head.

I'm having the same battery problems & just got off the phone with some chick at Verizon's Executive offices in Irvine... I was told plainly that there is NOTHING wrong with the 2.2 update...

I was told she could have the update flashed to me but conveniently every single Verizon store in my area is not able to flash the update.....I live in L.A county....that doesn't sound very plausible to me at all

Oh. I did discover that if I turn off the 3G, my battery life goes back to the way it was before the update

#12 Chillenout, Sep 8, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
Search tags for this page

common problems with htc droid incredible

droid upgrade problems

htc 6300 incredible off and on problem
htc incredible software update problems

htc incredible upgrade problems