Incredible Photo Albums

mrr1352

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to sort Photo Albums on the incredible. All my photos are stored in one big folder...thanks in advance.

s-one

Reaction score
From what I saw I don't think you can.

pmas

Reaction score
yes you can.
Just make folders on your sdcard or the phone's memory using your computer. Start by creating a folder called media. then create a sub folder called pictures. Then create new folders in "pictures" with descriptions of the pics inside. drag the pics you want into the correct folders. They will sort alpha/numeric. For instance, I have my folders set by date. I have folders called:
09 05 Birthday - Meaning May 2009 birthday pics
10 01 New Years - meaning jan 2010 New Years pics.
etc.
If you don't have an sdcard, you can do this to the internal memory of the phone. Just creat a folder called media. then create a subfolder in media called pictures and put the folders containing the pics, in there.

robdroid

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to sort Photo Albums on the incredible. All my photos are stored in one big folder...thanks in advance.

If you can hook your Incredible to an Computer you can go inside the photo folder and make sub folders and sort your pics accordingly!

s-one

Reaction score
Well of course you can do that way.. but I think the op was talking about clicking a button to sort them on the phone.

grayfox32

Reaction score
You can use an app called File Manager. With this app you can manage all your files (move, copy, paste, delete, and create folders) on the SD card.

Gundcow

Reaction score
yes you can.
Just make folders on your sdcard or the phone's memory using your computer. Start by creating a folder called media. then create a sub folder called pictures. Then create new folders in "pictures" with descriptions of the pics inside. drag the pics you want into the correct folders. They will sort alpha/numeric. For instance, I have my folders set by date. I have folders called:
09 05 Birthday - Meaning May 2009 birthday pics
10 01 New Years - meaning jan 2010 New Years pics.
etc.
If you don't have an sdcard, you can do this to the internal memory of the phone. Just creat a folder called media. then create a subfolder in media called pictures and put the folders containing the pics, in there.

I have done this in Astro and on my computer and when I go into "Photos" its all the same. No folders other than "All Photos" and "Camera Shots." It really shouldn't be so hard to have pictures in folders on a smart phone?!?! I'm sure there is an app for that right?

andrew_ja

Reaction score
I think for some weird reason, the photos need to be separated in the root directory on the SD card. Just have a folder for "Blah pictures" and "Blarg pictures" in the top level of the card. That is the way I have it set up and it is splitting them in folders on the phone.

Gundcow

Reaction score
HOLY CRAP!! It finally worked... I guess the 30th time is the charm LOL Thanks oodles :heart: